1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Demise of Beer Gut Glory

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Jen, Mar 16, 2006.

1. JBZ

JBZ Distinguished Member

Same, except, large automobile.

Plus, I pretty much eat a large pizza and drink a half rack for dinner every night. Czech models throw themselves at my feet wherever I go.

You guys can squat automobiles? That's pretty cool. I attached a metal bar to the front bumper of my car so now I can curl it. It's only a mid-size, though.

2. Joseph Casazza

Joseph Casazza Member

Well...im 15, and i do all the work i possibly can to get a skinnier stomach, but it never works. Im a guy thatll run 5 miles a day, play sports, do crunchers, do leg lifts, anything to make myself lose a few inches yet if i do lose an inch, itll take about 2 months
    I had friends who at 15 didn't even look like they had hit puberty yet, let alone developed defined muscles! Just keep exercising and give yourself some time. A little persistence and by 19 or 20 you might see what you're looking for!

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

I've just admitted that I'm slim and will remain so. But, I am in good shape and so a lot of cardiovascular activities, I have been too busy to regularly go to the gym for a while now, but I have been doing crunches at home and I have a punching bag I regularly hit the shit out of. You can see the upper part of my 6 pack, but I can't seem to have the bottom part show; which I am sure has to do with my diet. I really should start biking again...

Jon.

4. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior Member

Do you ever wish that you were a different shape in order to be able to pull off certain looks?

This may sound funny, but I always wished I had skinny legs so I could wear really skinny pants. A friend of mine is tall and thin, and skinny pants look cool on him. I can't even pull up a pair of boot cut olas past my thighs, and I don't know if those jeans are actually that thin.

As I am now, losing some fat around my waist would be enough. I don't need a sixpack or any definition, just a little less fat.

Oh, and I bench 1000 pounds. It might be a world record, but I don't know, who has time to check when running ultra marathons.

5. Arethusa

Arethusa Distinguished Member

Do you ever wish that you were a different shape in order to be able to pull off certain looks?
    Constantly. I don't lie about it. Lying doesn't change anything, and I see no reason in that. But I am 5'10" and 130lbs. I don't know if I've ever run into beer guts as measures of manliness (I think that was before my time, really; even the frat boys wish they looked like ambiguously bisexual Abercrombie models now), but I do wish I weren't so ridiculously skinny, and once I've finally gotten through moving in two months, I am planning on embarking on a ridiculously ascetic training regimen for the next year and a half.

6. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

Frankly, I suspect that some members of the Forum exaggerate their fitness level when bemoaning their inability to buy OTR suits. A drop 12 is Men's Health-cover quality, and requires 2-3 hours per day in the gym. I'm happy with my decent-shape, size 40R physique -- makes it much easier to buy things (although no luck in finding deals in outlets and eBay!). I do wish I was over 6 feet tall, but nothing I can do about that.

EDITED for embarassing typo that j caught

Maybe that is true for some people, I don't know. I mean, I am ~5. 10" and 150 lbs, around 32-33 waist, 38-40 jacket size...of course I could be more fit but I don't bemoan the fact that I am relatively trim for a 28 year old but not muscular... I do two martial arts but I have breathing/cardiovascular issues as well as joint problems. Nothing to brag about. Sure, I would like a some more muscle mass but oh well. I find the traditional "gym" thing far too boring to be worth my time. I am sure many people here are indeed in better shape than I [​IMG]

7. skalogre

You guys can squat automobiles? That's pretty cool. I attached a metal bar to the front bumper of my car so now I can curl it. It's only a mid-size, though.

I can do back curls with one of my two Toyota Celica (this one):
    [​IMG]

8. Handlethevibe

Handlethevibe Senior Member

Dude, I know lots of people who'd die to be that size. Super slim jeans and clothing is the shieet.

9. skalogre

Dude, I know lots of people who'd die to be that size. Super slim jeans and clothing is the shieet.
    Heheh, pipecleaner-style jeans seem to be back!
    Not my thing but it sounds like he is in perfect shape to take advantage of them [​IMG]

10. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

Constantly.

I don't lie about it. Lying doesn't change anything, and I see no reason in that. But I am 5'10" and 130lbs. I don't know if I've ever run into beer guts as measures of manliness (I think that was before my time, really; even the frat boys wish they looked like ambiguously bisexual Abercrombie models now), but I do wish I weren't so ridiculously skinny, and once I've finally gotten through moving in two months, I am planning on embarking on a ridiculously ascetic training regimen for the next year and a half.

Dior Homme and David Bowie Thin White Duke looks are quite in right now.

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I dunno. I am 5'11" and just under 155 lbs, and that is small enough for me. Truthfully, I wouldn't want to be much lighter. Trade muscle for some fat, sure. But I like to look like I can take care of myself if and when the need arises.

J and Renault, squatting cars is pretty cool. I find it sort of hard to balance Escalades though. I use a single pulley, but it seems like cheating. Any tips?

Anyway, here is a picture of me, just to dispel any myths. I would go Abercrombie style, but my wife, who started this thread, might have questions as to why I am posting shirtless pictures up on a men's styleforum.

[​IMG]

12. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I dunno. I am 5'11" and just under 155 lbs, and that is small enough for me. Truthfully, I wouldn't want to be much lighter. Trade muscle for some fat, sure. But I like to look like I can take care of myself if and when the need arises.

J and Renault, squatting cars is pretty cool. I find it sort of hard to balance Escalades though. I use a single pulley, but it seems like cheating. Any tips?

Anyway, here is a picture of me, just to dispel any myths. I would go Abercrombie style, but my wife, who started this thread, might have questions as to why I am posting shirtless pictures up on a men's styleforum.

[​IMG]

dood ur pants r 2 low dood lolz

nice flarez

13. LA Guy

dood ur pants r 2 low dood lolz nice flarez
    Surprisingly, they actually liked this outfit (to be fair, a lot of the guys who commented positively also post here), or at least let it go without comment. And while the Loose Frank is a true straight leg, While the Ralph actually is a bit of a bootcut, I thought that these jeans were more "flared" in the photo. I don't know, maybe they were too dazzled by the sight of a real life Spruce hoodie to notice anything else. anyways, ur opinion is just and opinion, n its wack. lol.

14. Matt

Matt [email protected]

Fok you are in total Superfutures pose there...deserve everything you get [​IMG]

15. LA Guy

Fok you are in total Superfutures pose there...deserve everything you get [​IMG]

Actually, I was doing my best aggro Brian.