• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Pun
Finally, something on SF that is way overhyped and actually lives to its expectations:
wayatw002.jpg

IMO the best sub $100 sneaker.

Sweet deal, that's sort of what i'm looking for but in a high top

sharks9022

Reaction score
Adidas (didn't they originally make GATs for the German Army?) sells some through the UK Adidas website for like $93 converted from British Pounds.

adidas-Originals-A.039-Resplit-Mid.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Pun
Finally, something on SF that is way overhyped and actually lives to its expectations:
wayatw002.jpg

IMO the best sub $100 sneaker.

Those are definitely nice.
How's the sizing compared to Purcells if you don't mind?

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^TTS for me. 8 in JP and 260 (US8) in these.

Big Pun, have you found the laces on those to be extremely short? Been thinking about picking up some new laces for mine..

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Yeah they are way shorter than I am used to. I've never tried on Purcells, but in Chucks I'm a 10, in Stan Smiths 11, most shoes 11 or 44. These are size 290. If that helps.

Contingency Plan

Reaction score
These have gotta be a trap - anyone know what the quality's like (not holding breath at £35)?

5424462090006_White_m1.jpg

Nice in a futuristic sufu kind of way.

supra-society-fall-2010-sneakers-1.jpg

JackTheRipper

Reaction score
Ohshit, those Supras look nice. I've been wanting a pair of sneakers like Fujiwaras with the little flaps around the eyelets. Any idea on price?

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Contingency Plan
These have gotta be a trap - anyone know what the quality's like (not holding breath at £35)?

5424462090006_White_m1.jpg

Lol at the description.

"The Urban Renewal collection is made up of carefully selected items from around the world that bring the past to the present. An Urban Renewal item maybe vintage, recycled, or remade. This means that our designs are often available in limited quantities making Urban Renewal a distinct and unique collection.

All Urban Renewal items are one-of-a-kind and unique. Yours may vary slightly from what's pictured."

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am basically putting it on paper since I mentioned it before, but I can guarantee a big retailer is going to start importing GAT's to the states and we will have easy access to them (not UO UK). If they aren't going to be imported, somebody like Adidas will put A.039 stateside and release a basic GAT colorway for the shoe. Holiday at the latest, mark my words.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is interesting news, I am actually surprised it is taking this long to take advantage of the GATs style since it seems to have been on demand for a while now and Margielas version is obviously selling well. I just want a mid-cut version already.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads