• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~

thomasec

Reaction score
Hi all - I'm looking for a weekend/duffle bag that can be stacked on my luggage and would be usable for day trips. Something like this, but ideally leather:

Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 12.08.14 PM.png

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi all - I'm looking for a weekend/duffle bag that can be stacked on my luggage and would be usable for day trips. Something like this, but ideally leather:

View attachment 1853578

I have the Express No. 2 Khaki Twill. I was tempted to get the leather one when I bought it...but didn't.

Would have been happy with either purchase.

juanandresqo

Reaction score

I have the Express No. 2 Khaki Twill. I was tempted to get the leather one when I bought it...but didn't.

Would have been happy with either purchase.

You can never go wrong with a leather piece. Elegant and durable.

In the last few months, I have been working on a weekender bag design ideal for an express getaway or business trip. I'm more into a minimalist and sophisticated style that exalts the quality and mastery of the leatherwork. Brown has always been a winner for me.

What do you think? Open to feedback.

Polarity_Weekender_Brown 6.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can never go wrong with a leather piece. Elegant and durable.

In the last few months, I have been working on a weekender bag design ideal for an express getaway or business trip. I'm more into a minimalist and sophisticated style that exalts the quality and mastery of the leatherwork. Brown has always been a winner for me.

What do you think? Open to feedback.

View attachment 1861867

-I would like to see some more shots of the bag: side view/inside/etc.
-Where does the strap connect to?
-I would like an outside pocket where I can just slide a few things in.
-I like the strips of leather on the zippers.
-Can that strap be adjusted? I see only 1 notch on it.

thomasec

Reaction score

View attachment 1853578

Following up here, I can't find many nice looking duffles with a luggage sleeve. Here are two I've found, but open to others:

juanandresqo

Reaction score
-I would like to see some more shots of the bag: side view/inside/etc.
-Where does the strap connect to?
-I would like an outside pocket where I can just slide a few things in.
-I like the strips of leather on the zippers.
-Can that strap be adjusted? I see only 1 notch on it.

More than happy to share more photos of my work.

The leather shoulder strap is attachable to the handle. You can customize its length by opening a hole at your perfect height.
This design has an interior compartment for chargers, cables, and other small goodies. You can see it in the picture.

Thanks for the zipper comment. I wanted to do something different from the traditional O-ring pull tabs. And if you can see in the end, it has a hand stitching detail, discreet but one of my favorites.

Polarity_Weekender_Brown 5.jpg

Polarity_Weekender_Brown 4.jpg

Polarity_Weekender_Brown 3.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
More than happy to share more photos of my work.

The leather shoulder strap is attachable to the handle. You can customize its length by opening a hole at your perfect height.
This design has an interior compartment for chargers, cables, and other small goodies. You can see it in the picture.

Thanks for the zipper comment. I wanted to do something different from the traditional O-ring pull tabs. And if you can see in the end, it has a hand stitching detail, discreet but one of my favorites.

View attachment 1861884
View attachment 1861886
View attachment 1861887

I would prefer links where the strap can be connected at each end of the bag vs on the handle.

fazalmajid

Reaction score
The zipper pulls are too long and will get caught in conveyor belts on security X-Ray machines.

The shoulder strap needs attachment points much wider set apart than the handle, otherwise the bag will just swing and rotate while on your shoulder.

The girth of the bag also needs a stiffener to keep its structure.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fazalmajid

Reaction score
Has Glaser Designs gone out of business? Their website seems to be down with no DNS resolution, and indeed the domain seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth with no name servers.

takashi78

Reaction score
Has Glaser Designs gone out of business? Their website seems to be down with no DNS resolution, and indeed the domain seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth with no name servers.

Did you try to email or call?
I have been to both their original and "new" workshop and have 2 briefcase from them.
Great honest people, would be sad if they are out of business.

fazalmajid

Reaction score
No, I haven’t tried, I am 8 time zones ahead now. I also visited both locations and lived close to the newer, sadder one before I moved from San Francisco to London, when I bought one of their backpacks as a final souvenir after 19 years of living there. Totally agree with you, absolutely lovely and generous people, including the staff, but Myron’s been at it for 47 years. I’ll try later and report back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads