• Our featured affiliate vendor of the week is Larimars Luxury Menswear Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, specializes in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check them out and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~

thomasec

Reaction score
Hi all - I'm looking for a weekend/duffle bag that can be stacked on my luggage and would be usable for day trips. Something like this, but ideally leather:

Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 12.08.14 PM.png

Juan_CapraLeather

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last few months, I have been wondering what my ideal duffle bag would have. Big, small, one compartment, several pockets?

A shoe compartment is definitely a must. You want to keep your clothes away from your dirty shoes. Or perhaps just a linen shoe bag would work? What do you think?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Juan_CapraLeather

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I have the Express No. 2 Khaki Twill. I was tempted to get the leather one when I bought it...but didn't.

Would have been happy with either purchase.

You can never go wrong with a leather piece. Elegant and durable.

In the last few months, I have been working on a weekender bag design ideal for an express getaway or business trip. I'm more into a minimalist and sophisticated style that exalts the quality and mastery of the leatherwork. Brown has always been a winner for me.

What do you think? Open to feedback.

Polarity_Weekender_Brown 6.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can never go wrong with a leather piece. Elegant and durable.

In the last few months, I have been working on a weekender bag design ideal for an express getaway or business trip. I'm more into a minimalist and sophisticated style that exalts the quality and mastery of the leatherwork. Brown has always been a winner for me.

What do you think? Open to feedback.

View attachment 1861867

-I would like to see some more shots of the bag: side view/inside/etc.
-Where does the strap connect to?
-I would like an outside pocket where I can just slide a few things in.
-I like the strips of leather on the zippers.
-Can that strap be adjusted? I see only 1 notch on it.

thomasec

Reaction score
Hi all - I'm looking for a weekend/duffle bag that can be stacked on my luggage and would be usable for day trips. Something like this, but ideally leather:

View attachment 1853578
Following up here, I can't find many nice looking duffles with a luggage sleeve. Here are two I've found, but open to others:

Juan_CapraLeather

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
-I would like to see some more shots of the bag: side view/inside/etc.
-Where does the strap connect to?
-I would like an outside pocket where I can just slide a few things in.
-I like the strips of leather on the zippers.
-Can that strap be adjusted? I see only 1 notch on it.
More than happy to share more photos of my work.

The leather shoulder strap is attachable to the handle. You can customize its length by opening a hole at your perfect height.
This design has an interior compartment for chargers, cables, and other small goodies. You can see it in the picture.

Thanks for the zipper comment. I wanted to do something different from the traditional O-ring pull tabs. And if you can see in the end, it has a hand stitching detail, discreet but one of my favorites.

Polarity_Weekender_Brown 5.jpg

Polarity_Weekender_Brown 4.jpg

Polarity_Weekender_Brown 3.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
More than happy to share more photos of my work.

The leather shoulder strap is attachable to the handle. You can customize its length by opening a hole at your perfect height.
This design has an interior compartment for chargers, cables, and other small goodies. You can see it in the picture.

Thanks for the zipper comment. I wanted to do something different from the traditional O-ring pull tabs. And if you can see in the end, it has a hand stitching detail, discreet but one of my favorites.

View attachment 1861884
View attachment 1861886
View attachment 1861887

I would prefer links where the strap can be connected at each end of the bag vs on the handle.

fazalmajid

Reaction score
The zipper pulls are too long and will get caught in conveyor belts on security X-Ray machines.

The shoulder strap needs attachment points much wider set apart than the handle, otherwise the bag will just swing and rotate while on your shoulder.

The girth of the bag also needs a stiffener to keep its structure.

Featured Sponsor

Corduroy…who wore it best?

• @khughes44

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • @duke santos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • @DavidLane

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • @Old Red

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • @Chadclass

Votes: 15 21.1%