1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Todd Shelton We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Todd Shelton which focuses on basic pieces customized to fit your body and your tastes.

The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by rach2jlc, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Othello

Othello Senior Member

Here's how my frank Clegg has held up since I purchased last spring-few trips and it fits in the overhead bin luckily. no real scuffs or marks

IMG_3240.png

IMG_3241.JPG

IMG_3242.JPG

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I got one of these a week before Pitti Uomo, and yeah, they really are quite nice, especially for as a business bag or briefcase, especially for the price. I took some pictures:
    [​IMG]
    Pockets from everywhere.

Anyway. their affiliate vendor thread is here: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/faire-leather-co-official-affliate-thread.591738/page-2

3. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Still trying to beat up my bag; it's holding up amazing. Really pleased with this bag and the design, quality, and construction.

4. rach2jlc

Gianfranco Ferre was always one of my favorites when he was alive; I was lucky to snag several of the bags from the last few collections before he passed. This one is a laptop briefcase that's functional, yet fun. It's from S/S 2008.

FullSizeR.jpg

FullSizeR_1.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

5. LA Guy

My wife has actually appropriated mine (note to married guys out there, the real adage is "What's hers is hers, and what's mine is hers.") and she loves it. It's a nice size to carry some extra stuff if needed, and she like the thick shoulder strap when she is schlepping it across campus (she is a professor, for those who don't know, and sometimes has classes/meetings all over a fairly large campus)

6. LA Guy

Next month, or when my budget is replenished, I'm getting Troubadour leather backpack, so... I'll try to review that here.

7. rach2jlc

Looking forward to it. Probably my favorite leather backpack of recent memory is the one from CK Collection they produced for 3-4 seasons in many different leathers/colorways. The natural one is nice:

calvin-klein--collection-soft-calf-utility-backpack-product-1-27962522-1-999378566-normal.jpeg

8. bbconair

bbconair Senior Member

just got the leather backpack from hooks and albert. feels solid. can't tell about the quality of the leather, but stitching feels tight, perfect size, seems practical; we'll see if the leather breaks-in at all, but it feels more like LV leather that stays hard.

9. sliq

sliq Distinguished Member

DA5896F6-CBFD-4242-BEF4-B60DC45331D4.jpeg

DA5896F6-CBFD-4242-BEF4-B60DC45331D4.jpeg

I have an acquaintance looking to sell me this vintage Bally made in Italy briefcase. Thoughts? It looks to be in mint condition. He’s looking for $260USD which I think is a bit steep. I’ve already got an Hermes SAD in 41 Togo. I’m not completely sold on the combination on the lock on this bag. Feels a bit too suitcasey

BE51BE0E-5C4C-4D35-8CC3-8FAF21EB1CBA.jpeg

10. colabear

colabear Distinguished Member

11. rach2jlc

$260 for vintage Bally is very pricey, mint condition or not. I'd pass. When he comes down to around $100, then go for it.

@colabear I'm not Mulberry's biggest fan, usually, but I must admit that is a beautiful color and a nice, classic style. Enjoy it!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018

12. colabear

colabear Distinguished Member

^ thank you! I primary bought the bag because of the color, it's called oxblood. I own several older styles from Mulberry and the leathers used back then were better than the new one I got. The leather of the new bags are stiffer and have have a more uniform grain on the surface.

13. gfmozart

gfmozart Senior Member

but isn't your money her money and her money her money? LOL

14. LA Guy

I honestly have not seen my own paycheck or distribution from any of the companies in which I have ownership in years. I don't remember the password to any of our bank accounts. I occasionally get cashback at the grocery store, and I have some credit cards. So... yeah.

15. MPAVictoria

MPAVictoria Active Member

So I spent part of this week in the hospital and long story short apparently I have Type 1 Diabetes. So for the rest of my time on this planet I am going to have to haul along a bunch of gear such as insulin pens, needles, blood glucose meter and test strips. If I am going to have to do this I want to do it in style if I can. So any suggestions for a nice messenger bag to carry it all in would be appreciated.