• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014

Largo

Reaction score
I've only seen it at two of the Bloomingdale's in NYC, but there's an Italian brand called Campomaggi that I'm fond of, if you're into the whole distressed/washed leather aesthetic. Most of their bags are just slight spins off of classic styles, although there are some more embellished versions they have with some superfluous stitching and studs and whatnot. Price point is about 400-900, zippers are usually Lampos (some YKKs as well, though), seems like a decent amount of handwork on them, they're pretty nice.
51KbJQBfGCL._SS360_.jpg

My bag, although mine's black:
C21-bzw-0004-99__default__1.jpg

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's my bag I got from Blueowl 'cause my crappy one fell apart. Comes with me most days, super happy with it. All the zippers and little details are super nice. Hopefully it'll handle the weight of my books.
P9250017.jpg
P9250019.jpg

djibouti

Reaction score
As for the wine bottle holder...I'm doing some web design work for a leather guy in rural Illinois. He's a saddle maker and makes bags/small leather goods as well. Truly incredible stuff.

winebottle.jpg

Here's a wine holder he does. Lots of handstitching, partially lined in shearling. I honestly don't know the price point but I'll make a more comprehensive post with better images when I hear back from him. He's not a technology person, he doesn't even own a computer, so this may take a while.

If someone is very interested in one of these in particular, give me a PM and I can get you information more quickly.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maxwellsmartconfused.gif

Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Just came across this pic online... Goyard/Mastermind Japan collabo? Yikes... unless you're Keith Richards, how in the world could you make this stuff work?

WHLuN.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djibouti
As for the wine bottle holder...I'm doing some web design work for a leather guy in rural Illinois. He's a saddle maker and makes bags/small leather goods as well. Truly incredible stuff.

winebottle.jpg

Here's a wine holder he does. Lots of handstitching, partially lined in shearling. I honestly don't know the price point but I'll make a more comprehensive post with better images when I hear back from him. He's not a technology person, he doesn't even own a computer, so this may take a while.

If someone is very interested in one of these in particular, give me a PM and I can get you information more quickly.

this is dope as hell i think you should find out the price and post it

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moment of indecision, soliciting feedback.
How do y'all feel about this backpack from Herz?

http://www.leatherbag.co.jp/2_basic/...se/c/c143.html
c_143_topimage2.jpg

I've always considered a backpack to be too frumpy, but lately I'm rethinking it. Seems like being able to have your hands free is a worthwhile luxury. Plus, the bag linked above is sort of the anti-backpack in terms of pared-down profile and the way it opens from above.

I was about to order one a few months ago but have held off, because I have this nagging feeling I'm going to be like "Fuuuck this stupid backpack."

There's always this thing:
http://www.leatherbag.co.jp/2_basic/...se/c/c147.html
sub2.jpg

In case I want to be decent and carry it by hand.

I am partial to the first one, though.

Flursheim

Reaction score
Boy, a lot of great info on this thread. Thanks all for contributing. I've gathered lots of great ideas from the designs I've seen. It provides for great inspiration when one is working on new bag line.

Thanks again.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I LOVE this. This is what I had hoped for but didn't really know what it would look like. The saddle leather and stitching really makes it. I can see this aging over time and looking even better. The sheepskin coaster is a nice touch!

Thanks for posting. I want one.

Originally Posted by djibouti

winebottle.jpg

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw this posted over on Sufu. No idea who made it.

camobag.jpg

pdsf

Reaction score
I like this Prada Saffiano duffle:

PradaSaffianoDuffel.jpg

But $2240 (from Saks)??
plain.gif

Some Billykirk/tool bag lookie likies here. It seems that everyone is getting into producing bags of this style. I wish they would at least put a spin on the design. Keeping the same design and using different materials can get a bit dull after a while, especially when multiple bag makers are doing the same thing.

MBK03.jpg

LBN03.jpg

236B.jpg

black_black.jpg

The first three are made by John and Mary (currently on sale!); the last one is from Sir and Madame. I can't comment on their quality as I have never seen them irl. I find it odd that the shoulder strap is attached to the back of the handles. Billykirk is doing that, too. I know that would help keep the bag in shape when the shoulder strap is used, but I don't think it's that user friendly. I have tried it - the strap always gets in the way of getting things out of the bag. It's not that comfortable either.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a Thin Briefcase (medium) from Saddleback in Dark Tobacco:
5936.jpg
Heavy bag, but it fits what I need for a day to class, and it is extremely durable. I've gotten many compliments on it already.

TimH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
Moment of indecision, soliciting feedback.
How do y'all feel about this backpack from Herz?

http://www.leatherbag.co.jp/2_basic/...se/c/c143.html

I've always considered a backpack to be too frumpy, but lately I'm rethinking it. Seems like being able to have your hands free is a worthwhile luxury. Plus, the bag linked above is sort of the anti-backpack in terms of pared-down profile and the way it opens from above.

I was about to order one a few months ago but have held off, because I have this nagging feeling I'm going to be like "Fuuuck this stupid backpack."

There's always this thing:
http://www.leatherbag.co.jp/2_basic/...se/c/c147.html

In case I want to be decent and carry it by hand.

HMMM.

Great take on the theme especially in London Tan colour - used it a lot over the years and still love it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads