1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by rach2jlc, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Murdoc

Murdoc Senior member

http://www.tuscanyleather.it/main.php

Not an an expert but nothing really popped out there for me, at least with the briefcases. And it cou;ld just be the photography, but something didn't look right about those bags.

2. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

3. Murdoc

Murdoc Senior member

Bleh, I just noticed for the second stock of the Unfold bags they changed the strap, I really liked the look of it with the black strap, but now they've covered it in some grey felt or some crap.

Such a small change makes me not like it, weird.

[​IMG]

vs.

[​IMG]

4. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

the felt is ugly, not weird that you hate it

5. Murdoc

Murdoc Senior member

Yeah, I guess I'm just a sucker for the contrast of a tanned leather bag and a black strap; looked back and I was interested in that Chris&Tibor bag because of the same reasons.

Well the search continues... because of a f@#$ing felt strap.

6. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    the felt is ugly, not weird that you hate it

The whole thing is ugly.

7. the shah

the shah Senior member

last few pages have been ugly. time to up the game again [​IMG]

8. Murdoc

Murdoc Senior member

Upping the game by reposting something that was already posted? Is that considered upping the game or going back at a possible peak? [​IMG]

9. the shah

the shah Senior member

operative word, "again." someone posted it in black 3 pages ago after i mentioned another bag looked like the delvaux but wasn't...don't worry i have a bunch more to post if you hold on tight you'll enjoy the ride

10. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

I got unlucky to make this for me - a repro of faith's 1960's mail bag. I think he took this pic right after oiling, so the bag is a bit darker than it would be otherwise. 8 oz front flap with 4 oz on the rest of the bag, horse-hide strap. [​IMG]

11. Murdoc

Murdoc Senior member

Don't want to quibble over language, but I think your sentence was in wrong whether I focus on the again or not.

But I guess you just wanted to get back on track after my ugly bag posting(which was also a double posted, but was just showing the old vs new)

I thought the unfold bag would make a good backpack, I think carrying around a briefcase to school would be too nobbish.

12. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Anybody know where I can purchase a Superdry backpack? I need a new backpack and they seem to be pretty decent for the price.

13. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

Japanese brand Yukino is doing a collaboration with United Arrows on some lovely, minimal, calf MIJ bags in a number of colors. Reminds me of Delvaux, Hermes, etc. with the simplicity of styling. Pricing is reasonable, as well, around $300-400, and there are no markings/logos except on the inside. Had a chance to check them out in person and the quality-to-price ratio is excellent.

http://www.united-arrows.jp/newarriv...090806_12.html
    http://zozo.jp/shop/unitedarrows/goo...59551&rid=1011
    http://zozo.jp/shop/unitedarrows/goo...7&did=&cid=654
    http://zozo.jp/shop/unitedarrows/goo...5&did=&cid=654

14. pdsf

pdsf Senior member

Anybody know where I can purchase a Superdry backpack? I need a new backpack and they seem to be pretty decent for the price.

Voila:

http://www.arkclothing.com/Mens_Acce..._show_all.html

Sometimes ASOS.com has them, too.

15. the shah

the shah Senior member

Massive post of M.A+ bags, you ready Murdoc ? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

17. pdsf

pdsf Senior member

oh those MA+ - I want to touch.... Thanks for posting. Re Superdry - I googled and got this: www.cult.co.uk but they don't have the rucksacks either. I seem to recall they had a pretty wide range of Superdry stuff. Perhaps they have been discontinued? You could try ebay.co.uk I guess...

18. mickey711

mickey711 Senior member

Japanese brand Yukino is doing a collaboration with United Arrows on some lovely, minimal, calf MIJ bags in a number of colors. Reminds me of Delvaux, Hermes, etc. with the simplicity of styling. Pricing is reasonable, as well, around $300-400, and there are no markings/logos except on the inside. Had a chance to check them out in person and the quality-to-price ratio is excellent.

http://zozo.jp/shop/unitedarrows/goo...59551&rid=1011

Why does the grey have to be out of stock? [​IMG] It looks like a really nice alternative to the Delvaux I want.

19. pdsf

pdsf Senior member

Why does the grey have to be out of stock? [​IMG] It looks like a really nice alternative to the Delvaux I want.

Rakuten doesn't have them either [​IMG]

20. Desi

Desi Senior member

Rach you bump into any of these during your time in Japan?

[​IMG]

I know they are hiding behind the glass somewhere!