• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014

falik lunj

Reaction score
Personally, I find a lot of the above more like fagbags than manbags. I prefer my Barbour poacher's satchel with the waxed finish and perforated pockets. After 10 years of use, it's the least gay thing on the High St. and gets lots of attention, especially when matched with my matching Barbour fishing bucket hat.

chowchow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pdsf
Haha Can anyone comment on the Chris & Tibor and Dowdy Four Hundred bags?? Not looking to buy (I have my eyes on something already), just curious :) www.christibor.com/ www.td400.com/
i hv no experience with both but currently christibor is really on the spotlight. i just cant justify myself spening that much (300pounds) on a bag with interesting design but not real leather(chris tibor)! the td400 looks really interesting though.

montyharding

Reaction score
Originally Posted by falik lunj
Personally, I find a lot of the above more like fagbags than manbags. I prefer my Barbour poacher's satchel with the waxed finish and perforated pockets. After 10 years of use, it's the least gay thing on the High St. and gets lots of attention, especially when matched with my matching Barbour fishing bucket hat.

I agree... but there's a fine line between manbag and geezerbag too
laugh.gif

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by falik lunj

I don't know whether you are being serious or not. If you are please turn down the gay hate.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross posting from the noob thread.

Grey waxed suede backpack with leather handles, find me one please. (Probably going to be Margiela)

Or at least, some functional but decent looking water proof/resilient back pack (I've seen some nice thrift military ones) because messenger bags don't distribute weight evenly and this annoys me. Also in grey (maybe navy) so I can wear it with black and brown.

chowchow

Reaction score
hey guys there will be a gilt groupe sale on Lamberston treux
shame i am not living in the states and they wont ship to worldwide.
confused.gif

hope some SFers will put it in the buying & selling soon
tounge.gif

montyharding

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
I don't know whether you are being serious or not. If you are please turn down the gay hate.
What would you rather we call them? Denialbags? You don't have to be a gay-basher to acknowledge that Murses just don't convey the totally-out-and-proud nature of some of the articles.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bag is a bag man.

Just call it that.

*** is not a nice word to use to refer to someone or something you think is gay.

Murse is way better, then FagBag.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. Excellent point. Your manager doesn't mind if you use that word. Awesome.

Alot of gay people would find that offensive. I've asked them. Every single gay person I know, finds that word offensive.

Working with alot of them, I can assure you, they don't like straight men using that word.

*Sigh*

Anyway.

What's the point of being polite? It's the internet.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hi! I am posting on a weird Japanese keyboard that has all the punctuation in the wrong place and is frustrating.

Just a quick note to fagbag-boy above: don`t turn this thread into a `Dude, that`s GAY!` thread. Nobody really cares whether you or others think a bag looks gay or not. People here are smart enough with their wallets to buy what they want, without your less-than-insightful commentary.

In short... if you have nothing to contribute but `fagbag` discussions, politely go **** off somewhere and quit messing with a thread that has been useful, informative, and fun for MOST members. Some of us put a lot of time into listing a HUGE range of products, from `murses` to duffles to briefcases, that cover the full range of options.

Just because I am gone for the summer doesn`t mean you all get to be puerile little douchebags.

Flame off.

Back to work for me now. Remember: the Pink Dolphin Society sees ALL (with rose-colored, tortoiseshell, Tom Ford glasses!)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads