1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by rach2jlc, Apr 26, 2009.

1. chowchow

chowchow Senior member

okay, my sister took these pictures in her r room. I swear those aren't my twilgiht posters [​IMG] Also there's nothing in either of them so it's kind of funny looking. [​IMG] [​IMG] My weekend bag. Last used: coachella!! [​IMG] This is for snowboarding, picnics, whatever. I've tried hard not to come into this thread because I have a weird affinity to weekend bags and don't really need anymore. Here's what I have for school but it's a pos and will be upgraded soon. I want either the filson 256 or somethign with ridiculously soft leather. Any suggestions? [​IMG]
    THEY ARE GORGEOUS. What are they?[​IMG]

2. delirium

delirium Senior member

the prada saffiano valextra premier are so sleek.
    but 1.5-2k's pretty harsh.

there are just way too many great bags. i think my next purchase might be another bag haha.

3. pdsf

pdsf Senior member

Still need a nice weekender most are too duffle like.

I think so, too. Wish I could design and make my own...

4. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

This is the sickest bag but like robin said the 1829 bothers me.

Wow, that bag is almost $3,000. LOADS of options at that price point.

5. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm not a Cucinelli fan, myself, but if you are and you wanted a weekender, take a look at this one: I have no affiliation with this seller, though I have bought from him in the past and the transactions have always gone smoothly. http://cgi.ebay.com/BRUNELLO-CUCINEL...lenotsupported He's also got a few nice Lambertson Truex items now.
    Wow, that bag is almost $3,000. LOADS of options at that price point.
    +1. This was my complaint with it from the start. There is so much good stuff out there in the $1800-2800 range.

6. robin

robin Senior member

I'm still hating myself for not buying one of those Prada bags when bluefly had them for cheap.

7. robin

robin Senior member

Still need a nice weekender most are too duffle like.

[​IMG]

8. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

By the way, the bag I use every day is this one: http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/BILL+A...T/sts/sr_men80 It has been great. For $150 you really can't go wrong. The pictures on Yoox are a pretty bad interpretation of what the bag really is and how the leather looks/feels in "real life". The handles can be extended for use as a shoulder bag, but I usually keep them at briefcase length. It has swallowed a ton of stuff (thatswhatshesaid) and keeps its shape nicely when not filled. If you need a briefcase for any business purpose, give it a shot.

9. montyharding

montyharding Senior member

I'll play.

My daily carry: SAB Paternoster. I've come to terms with being a traditionalist, none of these borderline-handbags for me.
    [​IMG]

10. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

THEY ARE GORGEOUS. What are they?[​IMG]
    topman and zara. i'm pretty sure all of them cost me less than $100 edit: i wonder when I'll start spending $1k+ on a bag. fun times ahead

11. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

I'll play.

My daily carry: SAB Paternoster. I've come to terms with being a traditionalist, none of these borderline-handbags for me.

Very, very nice.

12. delirium

delirium Senior member

By the way, the bag I use every day is this one:

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/BILL+A...T/sts/sr_men80

It has been great. For $150 you really can't go wrong. The pictures on Yoox are a pretty bad interpretation of what the bag really is and how the leather looks/feels in "real life". The handles can be extended for use as a shoulder bag, but I usually keep them at briefcase length. It has swallowed a ton of stuff (thatswhatshesaid) and keeps its shape nicely when not filled. If you need a briefcase for any business purpose, give it a shot.

how's the leather quality?

13. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

how's the leather quality?

It is very nice. I'm sure it's not as high end as some of the stuff posted here, but it's got a nice smell and feel, doesn't scratch easily (although it is getting some nice marks on it from daily wear and tear), and I feel that it's built to last.

14. montyharding

The Premier? I've always liked that one... [​IMG]
    Oooh, no. It's a salient case of 'should be left on the catalog pages'. I have occasionally rocked ceramic-white luggage, and done so quite well. So I approached the white Premier with not huge amounts of trepidation. It took almost literally days to realise I cannot do white leather cases in real-life use. Not talking about style (although it was slightly an issue), just practicality. It was given to a (female) friend who is rocking it far harder than me.

15. jet

jet Senior member

I would rock the fuck out of that.

16. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

What do you think of this Cole Haan Bag on gilt? I kinda dig it, I just wish it had a flap over the top. I need a professional looking man bag that I can take to work to repalce the shitty old navy canvas one I have now. I dont want to spend a ton either on a bag. Any similar suggestions?

http://www.gilt.com/s/colehaanmen/product/8544553

17. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

What do you think of this Cole Haan Bag on gilt? I kinda dig it, I just wish it had a flap over the top. I need a professional looking man bag that I can take to work to repalce the shitty old navy canvas one I have now. I dont want to spend a ton either on a bag. Any similar suggestions? http://www.gilt.com/s/colehaanmen/product/8544553
    I'm not a Cole Haan fan, as I usually find it as only SLIGHTLY better Coach (which is hardly a compliment), but the prices seem decent and some of the bags on Gilt look nice for the prices being asked. SO, my personal opinion is that it's probably worth it for ~$150 or so, assuming you are looking for a suede bag in that size/color combo. I also like these totes: http://www.gilt.com/s/colehaanmen/product/13380966 http://www.gilt.com/s/colehaanmen/product/13380967

18. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

What do you think of this Cole Haan Bag on gilt? I kinda dig it, I just wish it had a flap over the top. I need a professional looking man bag that I can take to work to repalce the shitty old navy canvas one I have now. I dont want to spend a ton either on a bag. Any similar suggestions?

http://www.gilt.com/s/colehaanmen/product/8544553

I have owned a few things from Cole Haan over the years, stuff is decent if you can get it on sale. Personally I wouldn't get a suede bag just for how quickly and easily it could get dirty.

19. montyharding

What is good for suede these days? (i.e. repellent coating)

20. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

I have owned a few things from Cole Haan over the years, stuff is decent if you can get it on sale. Personally I wouldn't get a suede bag just for how quickly and easily it could get dirty.

Hmmm... well i live in los angeles so there is no chance of rain affecting it. The one I showed was a dark brown, so I can imagine dirt being much of an issue.

As an entry level bag, is that good price vs. quality item? I just need it to lug my laptop and lunch in at work.