• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive Guide to T-Shirts

PreMMM0

Reaction score
anyone have experience with balmain tees?

~$400 for a three pack. wtf

Murdoc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by uhavenokliu
Hey can anyone identify this tee, or perhaps suggest a way to narrow my search? I know it's a long shot but who knows...
I have a very similar looking triblend(something) from american apparel, though his looks 1 or 2 sizes too big.

Hehlol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 7_rocket
On that model, they look like regular fit. Hmm

I know, I know. You would expect 'workwear' t-shirts to be cut generously. But I'm telling you, these are really slim. They wick moisture and stay dry. Also, since they don't become sweat-soaked, they don't smell. They're really slim.

Branches

Reaction score
Urban Outfitter's BDG solid Tees fit me well.

Not the Tri-Blend though, they shrink way too much.

I'm 6ft 150lbs and I wear a medium.

adidasfan

Reaction score
what do you guys think of Alternative Apparel?
i really like their tshirts they are soft and about $10-20 each

sdedalus1

Reaction score
I don't remember encountering this the last time I read through this thread, but: Hanes Perfect v-neck tees ($10 for 2 at Target) seem to be cut at least 1/2 size smaller than Hanes Premium v-neck tees ($10 for 3). At first I didn't realize there was a difference, since they both claim to be their "most comfortable fabric" on the package, and I assumed one was fancier packaging. But I discovered it when they were giving away a free Perfect t when you bought a pack of Premium. I'm an XS in urban outfitters/BDG and AA, and so was having a hard time finding a cheaper everyday tee that fit well. After shrinking on high in the dryer, the Hanes Perfect S is pretty close to an XS in BDG or AA. Before shrinking, the Perfect S seemed in between an XS and S in BDG; while the Premium S was more like a normal S, or slightly bigger. The only problem is that they're not tapered at all, and so seem to billow out a bit at the bottom compared to the others; but for simple black/white/grey summer wear, it doesn't bother me. They are noticeably longer than BDG before shrinking, but only slightly longer after (okay w/me, since I find BDG a bit too short). Ultimately, I'm willing to pay a little more for better fit, but the Hanes are fine for undershirts and summer biking wear. Hanes S measurements after shrinking on high in dryer: seam to seam on shoulder 16.5" pit to pit 18" bottom hem 18" BDG XS after normal washing: 14" 16.5" 16" BTW, I find posts w/measurements are a lot more helpful for objective comparisons--more measurements, pls! One man's slim is another man's billowing sail.

tailorrmade

Reaction score
My favorite T-Shirts are by Johnson motors . . http://www.johnsonmotorsinc.com/shop_new/ They don't look SO great on the models but they are great material with small armholes and don't shrink in the wash. The sell them at lucky brand jeans stores and can be had on sale for as little as $10-15

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by playdohh22
i'm looking for a fitted solid colored t-shirts for someone 5'8" and 130LB; reasonably priced. would AA be my best choice?

Only problem with AA t shirts is that they are really long, I"m not sure how much they will shrink though.

Try H&m I bought a solid black t shirt from them and it was fitted.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO AA's size small after washing should be perfect for you

Lokesh

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a few questions about the fits of my T-Shirts. I went from wearing M to S. I used to wear them baggy and then felt sloppy and then moved to S. Even with the S though, I'm questioning the fit. I am 5'8" and 136lbs. I have slightly broad shoulders. I seem to have a short torso though. Because of this, my T-Shirts seem to look too long sometimes, as my jeans are higher up.
What brands might have T-Shirts that I could try for a better fit? I have mainly been buying GAP and BR.
Also what do you guys think of the fit of this T-Shirt?

2cqo4dw.jpg

25s8j5v.jpg

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
T-shirt fits well, but its pattern and pocket are ugly, and the jeans are bad.

Lokesh

Reaction score
Ha those jeans are another story lol. I can't for the life of me find jeans that fit well. These are just some crappy CK jeans from Costco. They are so baggy and ugly, they fit like nightclothes :s
Also the other problem was that I went from 160lbs to 136 in a span of like 4 months. So all my 34 jeans started hanging on me and so I have no jeans except this one pair. Sigh.
Anyway, so the sleeves on the T-Shirt dont look too long? And the length?

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 7_rocket
Only problem with AA t shirts is that they are really long, I"m not sure how much they will shrink though.

some peeps like that :p

adidasfan

Reaction score
Tankfarm makes some super soft t's.
My favorite is with the logo: Blood Gears and Guts

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads