The Definitive Guide to T-Shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by imageWIS, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Whiskey

Whiskey Senior member

Does anyone else have a problem with wrinkles/creases at the seams of the sleeves/waist of these "better" t-shirts (which, from what I understand, is a sign of poor sewing)? I'm talking about the kind that is always there, can't be ironed away.

I just got a basic crew from Alternative Apparel and it fits great, but the damn sleeves and waist are so wrinkly that the whole appearance just isn't right. Meanwhile, some of my old Hanes/Gildan t-shirts have great fit and don't have the wrinkles around the sleeves/waist (although they aren't as soft).

i've been noticing that while ive been folding my alt.app shirts. i thought it was because of the shrinkage. it doesnt really bother me too much because id rather have a shirt with some wrinkles than an out of the box look

2. Malcontent

Malcontent Member

I am looking for the tee shirt with the most "aggressive" taper. I am 5'11" with a 43" chest and a 32" waist at about 185 lbs. From reading this thread it appears that the Mossimo and American Apparel brands have a good taper. Any other brands? I hate having to buy shirts that a ridiculously tight around my chest and arms just so they fit around my waist.

3. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Senior member

I'd say American Apparel's are slim fit, not tapered.

The two I've personally seen with the most aggressive taper are Mossimo from Target and slim fit t's at Zara. The latter were too short on me though (I have a long torso), but it might work for you.

4. Malcontent

Malcontent Member

Thanks for the info. I don't know how I lived before I found out about SF!!! [​IMG]

5. Asch

Asch Senior member

Yup, American App has zero taper. See if Mossimo fits you.

6. snake

snake Senior member

Went and grabbed a pack of Hanes ComfortSoft V-neck tees today and found that they fit me really well. I've got a 34.5" chest and went with a size Small. Pre-wash... ample room in the chest and slim at the waist. The V isn't douchey deep and the fabric seems on par for what you'd expect at this price range. Going to toss them into the washer and see how they shrink, but so far so good.

7. Razele

Razele Senior member

Really want some epic thick white T's, crew and v

Who makes the thickest T's?

Was going to go loopwheeler but they are pretty expensive over here via SelfEdge.

8. kevinbrownshakedown

kevinbrownshakedown Well-Known Member

I'm in love with Express tee's. I got a bunch for xmas and they are constructed so well and fit my frame perfectly; I'm about 6'0 and 160 lbs....they shrink just a tad in the wash but they are 5% spandex? I think and are stretchy and very comfy.

I don't think I am going to any other brand now for tees..

The Express tees are great until you wash them. The collar will roll up in the back. Happened to every single one I own.

9. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

What's the best cheapo brand for some V-Necks I can wear as undershirts?

10. Whiskey

Whiskey Senior member

What's the best cheapo brand for some V-Necks I can wear as undershirts?

hanes

11. maritimetimetime

maritimetimetime Well-Known Member

im looking for some short/skinny people tshirts. Im around 5'6" with a 34" chest.

12. aaronxxx

aaronxxx Senior member

hanes

truth. i have tried many brands of v-necks and hanes are the best.

13. Asch

Asch Senior member

im looking for some short/skinny people tshirts. Im around 5'6" with a 34" chest.
    Alternative Apparel unisex shirts are short. A Small would probably fit you well.

14. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

AC Moore Arts and Crafts for $3. Its a Haynes Heavyweight 50/50. Here's the measurements for a small after *shrinkage:

pit to pit: 17"
    shoulder= 17"
    length (from where the shoulder/neck meet to bottom) = 26.5"
    Top of sleeve= 7.5"
    Bottom of sleeve= 4.5"
    sleeve width @ body= 8.5"
    sleeve hem= 6.5"

Im 5'5" 130lbs

The quality is decent for a cheap ass shirt. The cashier told me all the Sheriffs wear these under thier uniforms. They come in a variety of colors.

*they are labeled 50% pre-shrunk cotton/50 poly but they do indeed shrink after a warm wash/hot tumble.

15. dave333

dave333 Senior member

I picked up one of the target athletic fit ones the other day and it really does have a pretty good fit. Worlds better than jcrew, gap, etc. and they're cheap too. Quality is good for the price, good thickness and very soft.