• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by calbear629
which slim fit shirts do you prefer to wear with RLBL jacket/suits? I'm finding my older shirts are just too baggy for the fit.

hugo boss slim fit fits well in the shoulders, but the sleeves are just too long.

zegna fits well in the neck and shoulder, but the waist is a bit wide and the sleeves are a bit long/baggy.

RLBL shirts should do the trick, plus they are quite good looking as well.

rllr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
RLBL shirts should do the trick, plus they are quite good looking as well.

Be careful on the sleeve length though. In my experience, the ones with french cuffs have all had shorter sleeves than the button cuff shirts (32" vs. 34" or so if memory serves).

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm, just got a Uniqlo +J from another member here today. The overall fit is pretty good.

gospeedgo1

Reaction score
I do not recommend express shirts, a blue fitted I bought a month ago has a nasty bleach like fade/stain on the sleeve after one drycleaning and one wash with woolite
frown.gif

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gospeedgo1
I do not recommend express shirts, a blue fitted I bought a month ago has a nasty bleach like fade/stain on the sleeve after one drycleaning and one wash with woolite
frown.gif

1. You have an Express shirt drycleaned?
2. It's not Express's fault, it seems like it's your drycleaner's fault for dropping some nasty solution into it

ddragovi

Reaction score
Can anyone comment of the fit and quality of "the mens store at bloomingdales" dress shirts? I received a gift card and was browsing online for some shirts to order. They are listed under the slim fit category and are $79, some are $55 on-sale.

BltByKrmn

Reaction score
How can you claim your "very tailored" shirts are anywhere close to "tailored" when they are only drop 5?
plain.gif

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wine Guy
Paul Fredrick at paulfredrick.com

Amazing selection of shirts(including trim fit) with broad choices in collars, sleeve length and cuffs.
They have a first time customer promo where you can get four shirts for $19.99

How do I get at said promo

gospeedgo1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
1. You have an Express shirt drycleaned?
2. It's not Express's fault, it seems like it's your drycleaner's fault for dropping some nasty solution into it

i had got a call for a interview on short notice and did not have an iron. bought a shirt at express, had it cleaned at local drycleaner that has a pretty good reputation. washed it last sunday, and came out of the washer like that. it was not due to the dry cleaning, the only thing i can think of is i brushed the side of my cheek on the arm and transfered some perspiration to it. i do not perspire much; i do not have problems with my sweat staining any of my other clothes (or other dress shirts). i had other dress shirts/pants in the washer also, and none of them were damaged. i just looked at it again, definitely where i brushed my cheek on it, so either it was my sweat or lotion (aveeno), either way very disappointed.

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's b/c those Express shirts are made out of some hideous cotton/synthetic blends.

I tried the 1MX several years back because the cut on them is nice, but I noticed the shirts draped funny and then after a wash, scary things started happening with them. I think I saw one of them walk out of my closet by itself once.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my roommate has an express shirt he got at marshalls and it has a stain under the arm after he washed it too.

i have a couple i got on sale, two that are made of that rough part spandex fabric, fit great, but aren't very comfortable to wear. i have a grey one that has faded or stained on the collar band where my neck rubbed it during a hot sweaty day. i dont know if its a fade or stain or what, but it doesn't wash out. what kind of company uses a fabric that fades when it touches sweat?

i wish they used softer, higher quality 100% cotton fabric, they might be worth retail if the fabric was better.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BltByKrmn
Express - complete garbage

No kidding! Their shirts have no shape - or life! The material feels like paper.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
my roommate has an express shirt he got at marshalls and it has a stain under the arm after he washed it too.

i have a couple i got on sale, two that are made of that rough part spandex fabric, fit great, but aren't very comfortable to wear. i have a grey one that has faded or stained on the collar band where my neck rubbed it during a hot sweaty day. i dont know if its a fade or stain or what, but it doesn't wash out. what kind of company uses a fabric that fades when it touches sweat?

i wish they used softer, higher quality 100% cotton fabric, they might be worth retail if the fabric was better.

Express' target market is those who don't care much about quality, comfort, longevity, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads