The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by imageWIS, May 1, 2007.

1. agrant

agrant Member

2. whacked

whacked Senior member

My contributions:

Whitcomb & Shaftesbury

Ascot Chang RTW (there's a fellow selling AC shirts in most sizes on eBay right now, as we speak)

APC (you have to deal with their wacky, Thom Brown-ish, sizing system though)

YSL (even some of the vintag-y, licensed out fares)

3. Mr. Potato

Mr. Potato Senior member

I've just gotten a Dolce & Gabbana dress shirt from my local TJ Maxx. Pretty surprising considering that there's barely any high end designer or departmental store anywhere around.

The model is Y0SR26. Probably the best fitting RTW shirt I've ever worn. I'm usually a 14.5/37 on most non-fashion brands, but 15/38 is just the perfect fit. Very trim throughout without being skin tight.

My only gripe are the buttons. They are MOP, but are so thin that I'm afraid I might break them while buttoning.

4. Braughn

Braughn Member

SPURR dress shirts. Does anyone have experience with this designer?

5. HATORI HANZO

HATORI HANZO Senior member

Benetton has pretty decent slim fit dress shirts for cheap.

6. EgoSays

EgoSays Member

This may have been addressed specifically earlier in this thread, please forgive me if it has but I don't have the patience to read through 21 pages at the moment.

Does anyone have any suggestions for those of us who are REALLY slim. As in, chest 36, neck 14, waist 28-29 slim?

7. Asch

Asch Senior member

Try H&M's slim-fit shirts in Small. After a couple of washes, they'll be quite slim on you. I have the same chest and waist size, and they fit me nicely -- except for the neck, where they are too tight, but will be perfect on you.

8. EgoSays

EgoSays Member

Try H&M's slim-fit shirts in Small. After a couple of washes, they'll be quite slim on you. I have the same chest and waist size, and they fit me nicely -- except for the neck, where they are too tight, but will be perfect on you.
    Thank you, I'll check them out. It's a wonder I didn't discover this place earlier, so far I'm very pleased. [​IMG]

9. Dedalus

Dedalus Senior member

10. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

Does anyone know how RL Black Label shirts fit? Are they slimmer then the Custom fit Blue Label shirts?

11. brlfvr

brlfvr Senior member

I just tried on a small spread collar white dress shirt at H&M yesterday. Good fit in shoulders and body, but suprisingly the neck was big. Probably would've been fine after a wash but had a stitching buckling problem on the shoulder seam. Look over that stuff carefully. Good prices but sometimes you get what you pay for.

12. Asch

Asch Senior member

I just tried on a small spread collar white dress shirt at H&M yesterday. Good fit in shoulders and body, but suprisingly the neck was big. Probably would've been fine after a wash but had a stitching buckling problem on the shoulder seam. Look over that stuff carefully. Good prices but sometimes you get what you pay for.
    The sizing is very inconsistent -- definitely worth trying on what you'll be buying at H&M (and inspecting carefully; quality control is atrocious).

13. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Armani jacket
    Prada sweater
    RR jeans
    Trafalgar belt
    Zegna socks
    PS boots

14. aragon765

aragon765 Senior member

15. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

oh my god i just saw kitonbrioni's last post in here and i am literally in stitches...started chuckling when i saw the one he had on page 14 or so, but the page 21 closer killed me.