1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Declining Popularity of Tom Cruise

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mensimageconsultant, Aug 25, 2006.

1. coatandthai

coatandthai Senior member

I really enjoyed Vanilla Sky, though it would have been better without Cruise and perhaps Jude Law instead. The story was fantastic.

2. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

Eyes Wide Shut is a brilliant, misunderstood and underrated film. IMNSHO.
    If Stanley Kubrick had asked me to kill for him, I would have gladly done it. That said, Eyes Wide Shut was boring and pretentious. IMHO anyway. I never thought Tom Cruise really had any style to begin with, either on- or off-screen. As someone mentioned earlier, outside of the gray suit in Collateral, what impression has he made sartorially? Tight T-shirts and wearing a suit without a tie is hardly groundbreaking.
    That may have been the only thing he got right. At the risk of being glib, journalists think themselves far smarter than they really are. I know, I worked seven years in the profession.

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

- The Oprah fiasco
    - Purchasing of a baby sonogram machine
    - Refusal to marry Katie Holmes, mother of his child, until she has "properly" adopted Scientology
    - Public dismissal of Matt Lauer's intelligence
    - Public dismissal of prescription psychiatric drugs as a valid method of treatment
    - Public dimissal of Brooke Shields' usage of such drugs
    - Recent announcment from Paramount that they have dropped his production studio from any future deals

and don't forget:

- saying this line in topgun
    Iceman: You can be my wingman any time.
    Maverick: Bullshit! You can be mine.
    [​IMG]