• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Death of SAAB cars

konadog

Reaction score
parents owned 2 saabs in late 80s and early 90s. the 900s and the 900 turbo. i thought they were really nice cars, incredibly solid and fun to drive. then i got a job that paid for my cars. got a 2002 bmw 325ci. my friend then got a 2002 saab 9-3. the saab was a ************* compared to the bmw, and the price was very similar.

melwoesblvd

Reaction score
those old 900s were amazing, musta torn the **** outta the headliner/seats as a kid though

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by konadog
...the saab was a ************* compared to the bmw...

Originally Posted by melwoesblvd
those old 900s were amazing, musta torn the **** outta the headliner/seats as a kid though

People typically resort to using "****" when they can't adequately express their point. Why don't you two try again? See if you can fine tune what you have to tell us ... without resorting to that ... well ... uhhh ... that **** -- I mean crap -- you said above.

Ilmari

Reaction score
I have now third Saab 9-3 ongoing. First two were my own, but recent one is a company car, so no personal money will be lost if Saab is going to be shut down.. I imagine that there are going to be problems on selling them after that.
All of them have been excellent cars, high quality, nice engines (turbo torque especially).

mehhhh

Reaction score
Amazingly marsupialed design that utilized a longitudinal engine alignment in a front wheel drive car, **** transmissions that could not handle power, pea sized intercoolers, and hideous three spoke wheels should have killed them off in the 80s.

I wonder if they make stickers of Calvin wearing a Volvo tee pissing on the Saab logo in Sweden...

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though GM is still supposedly considering offers for SAAB, it is unlikely they will sell it to a new owner. The current SAAB models use so much shared GM technology that there is no way GM is going to turn over all that to some Chinese company for a cheap price. And who would want SAAB without the right to use any of the existing designs?

GM is like the Borg. Once they integrate with you, there's no turning back. In this sense, SAAB already died years ago shortly after GM took them over.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads