• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dandy.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
mr.%20peanut.JPG
The deft posture, and jocular smile all attest to one who is apt in wit, and niceties of civilization-witnessed by the white kid gloves. Clearly, an example for the children.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plus he's showing a decent amount of sleeve.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mr.Peanut is timeless. He resists change in a playfully disdainful way, glinting through his monocle like a newly arrived Fritz Lang.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Top hat, monocle, gloves, stick and spats. Of course, one would have to be a nut to wear that garb today
wink.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
hell yeah. mr peanuts is tops! he's my 3rd favorite nut!
smile.gif

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just two days ago, my six year old daughter and I--sharing a can of honey roasted nuts--were discussing the relative merits of the various incarnations of Mr. Peanut. She was a backer of the earlier, slightly plumper version. I felt today's version was superior, at once both streamlined and classic.

I clearly have too much time on my hands.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apparently, there's a "contest" to determine how to accessorize Mr. Planter in honor of his 100th birthday. Where better to debate the merits of the addition of a bow tie, pocket watch or cuff links than here?

http://www.planters.com/vote.aspx

Stax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Apparently, there's a "contest" to determine how to accessorize Mr. Planter in honor of his 100th birthday. Where better to debate the merits of the addition of a bow tie, pocket watch or cuff links than here?

http://www.planters.com/vote.aspx

I can't decide between the bow tie or the cufflinks, although I am leaning toward the later as it is a subtle change. The pocket watch will not do.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stax
I can't decide between the bow tie or the cufflinks, although I am leaning toward the later as it is a subtle change. The pocket watch will not do.

I went for the cufflinks. But the bow tie has a pretty solid plurality.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Mr.Peanut is timeless. He resists change in a playfully disdainful way, glinting through his monocle like a newly arrived Fritz Lang.

Perhaps, but I doubt he's nearly as weird as Herr Lang.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads