• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cooper Square Hotel

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone stay there? I have four nights in NYC and this looks interesting.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good location but the bar isn't great and the rooms I've seen are tiny. The Bowery down the street is a better choice.

lefty

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check Priceline and the Priceline forums. I got The Dream Hotel (in Midtown, I think?) last year for about what I was looking at paying smaller/older places.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they have a 240 a night deal at Jetsetter for a room that's 367 on their website, plus, a bonus, is free wifi. I hate being nickel and dimed an extra 20 bucks a day.

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
The hotel is ok - the rooms are small and the whole vibe is a bit euro-trashy. Funny thing is that neighbor on the floor above is one of the managers, but I agree with the earlier posts that the Bowery Hotel, the Gramercy Hotel, or the W-Union Square (for hotels in the relative area) are better choices. The Ace Hotel is also a nice new hotel (at 29th/5th) and has a great coffee bar in Stumptown.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Ace is in a ****** area and overrun with kids. If I walked into a hotel lobby and found it swarming with bearded, plaid-clad, indy boot wearing kids from Williamsburg tapping away at their macbooks all bloody day, I'd turn around, get back in my cab and head to the Four Seasons.

If you want to be a little north, a friend just got three nights at the Hudson for about $450.

lefty

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
The Ace is in a ****** area and overrun with kids. If I walked into a hotel lobby and found it swarming with bearded, plaid-clad, indy boot wearing kids from Williamsburg tapping away at their macbooks all bloody day, I'd turn around, get back in my cab and head to the Four Seasons. If you want to be a little north, a friend just got three nights at the Hudson for about $450. lefty
I stayed at the Hudson last year - awful service and tiny rooms. I got the upgrade and to a Jnr Suite and my sheets had blood stains on them and a view of a parking lot. No more Schrager hotels ever for me. I booked the Cooper, 250 a night all in with internet for a room that was 380, not a bad deal. I am staying at the Ace on Friday and Sat, figured, the bar will be fun and it's only 150 a night - my dime, not my companies - so it should be fun and cheap, cheap. I went to a party there and the lobby was EXACTLY as described. Living in SF/LA (mission and s'lake) I am SO sick of 'those' people. I agree, I love the Four Seasons and would rather stay there, my favorite hotel in NYC is the London, which is more than I would like to spend on a room, as I need to drop some money on the shops in SoHo.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm curious as well. I think gdl recommended Cooper Square for it's various room options. (not all the rooms are tiny).

I'm going for a week in April. Deciding between The Bowery and 60 Thompson.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
I'm curious as well. I think gdl recommended Cooper Square for it's various room options. (not all the rooms are tiny).

I'm going for a week in April. Deciding between The Bowery and 60 Thompson.

I booked four nights in a cooper 4, which is a corner room off of Jetsetter. The location is great and I got a good deal and I am always looking for new hotels. I used to stay the Parker in midtown, that place is a shithole now with bad service but good burgers.

I also booked two nights at the Ace, medium room, 150 a night off of Jetsetter. Figured, good weekend spot and few friends got rooms there too. I may need to grow a beard to stay there and wear a lot more flannel.

I like that site, if you have your days picked out, some of the deals can't be beat.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Good location but the bar isn't great and the rooms I've seen are tiny. The Bowery down the street is a better choice.

lefty

I like the Bowery better too but rooms are even smaller. Cooper Sq has multiple size rooms from tiny to fairly large, priced accordingly.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe I was in the smallest room at the CS and a medium at the B, but I preferred the style and layout of the latter. Better bathrooms, too. Just avoid a room on the second or third floor as they are right over the bar and you will be kept up at night.

lefty

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How's the neighborhood around The Bowery? Ok for strolling/shopping/eating?
I think the Thompson is in a little nicer location?

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
How's the neighborhood around The Bowery? Ok for strolling/shopping/eating?
I think the Thompson is in a little nicer location?

The neighborhood around the Bowery Hotel is great for strolling/shopping/eating. You are a block from Bond Street (Bond No. 9, Bill Reed, and others), near Varvatos in the old CBGB, 2 blocks from DBGB, 3 blocks from SoHo, and 2 blocks from the East Village. You are also a short stroll from the Lower East Side (LES) and all of the new boutiques/restaurants in the LES. In short, it is central to some great NYC 'hoods.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads