• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've always like the Patagonia vibe. Chouinard seems like a cool cat.

Funny, I just read the Marie Kondo book several weeks ago. It's kinda self-helpy but her premise is pretty good. Why not have everything you own bring you some kind of joy? The trick for people like us is that she starts her weeding process with clothing -- apparently the "easiest" category to go through... for most people! I still like hanging on to certain things even if I don't wear them much. Cool design brings me joy.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unbearably cheesy/romantic (and commercial of course) video though, even if I like and support the overall theme of wearing your clothes for a long time.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"something" black-overdyed indigo jeans

Started out pretty close to black, fading to a beautiful midnight blue color. Perfect fit. Been wearing them everyday to work and nobody has said anything yet :) :) :)

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

"something" black-overdyed indigo jeans

Started out pretty close to black, fading to a beautiful midnight blue color. Perfect fit. Been wearing them everyday to work and nobody has said anything yet :) :) :)

Nice. What brand are those?

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and for that matter: Who's on first?

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are the soles still intact? Both my pairs almost have holes worn through the soles after ~18 months.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are the soles still intact? Both my pairs almost have holes worn through the soles after ~18 months.

Weird. Mine aren't even that worn. Maybe your stride hits the ground funny or something? I think these are 3-4 years old.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
belt1.jpg

In Praise of a Ribbon Belt

I reckon this little piece of black and khaki nylon is the most-utilized possession in my wardrobe. It has held up trousers, slacks, pants, britches, jeans, jawnz, jorts, and maybe even jammies. It’s doubled as a hamstring stretcher. Even once as a surfboard tie-down. It’s light and travels well. It's traversed my unsteady and oft-changing fashion moods. Somehow black and khaki go with pretty much anything. It's 15 years old, but still looks new. I never set out to buy it. I was on a road trip to LA and stopped at one of those godforsaken outlet malls outside of Salinas or maybe Ventura. It was an impulse buy — but one based in necessity. My drawers were sagging. Seven bucks at a J Crew. I put it on in the parking lot. I don’t think I’ve ever stopped wearing it. Maybe it found me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads