1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Contentedness thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hendrix, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Aieyric

Aieyric Senior member

That jacket kicks some serious ass... :slayer:
    I am seriously jealous.
    to bad that all the best toj pieces is stuff that isn't available .

2. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Care to substantiate? There's still a ton of awesome stuff that is available.

3. Aieyric

Aieyric Senior member

Yea, there's still some really great stuff (i have a a2 bomber , and a qmdr on the way) so don't take me wrong, but this and the old qbcdr is some of the best things i ever seen, seriously i would give a arm for the qbcdr.

1 person likes this.
  4. zissou

zissou Senior member

FQHH :(

5. goodlensboy

goodlensboy Senior member

I'll talk about my Nokia C1 which is my current mobile phone. It replaced my earlier flip Nokia which was damaged beyond repairs and was discontinued few years ago by manufacturer.

Each morning I wake up through its alarm function. I check what's the current time. The clock on the main display sometimes gets stuck but I press the middle button two or three times and it shows accurate time again. I also make phone calls, send and receive messages, and store my poetry as drafts in it. It is very lightweight and fits in my pocket nicely. I have smashed and dropped it on countless occasions on hard floors; the key pad, battery, back cover and screen get separated but quickly all go back to the original configuration. Sometimes I play with it's back cover, the soft rounded click in sound from its smooth and worn plastics while repeatedly snipping the cover in and out is relaxing and goes well with my day dreaming. The loudspeaker function is also useful, I make use of it during conference calls at my office and the voice quality and volume is satisfactory. It has acquired an overall silky texture and feels like a pet. Sometimes I take 480x600 resolution pictures from its built in camera

It can be said that I am quite content with my Nokia C1

[​IMG]

12 people like this.
  6. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

lol

3 people like this.
  7. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

I've never before posted on S&D and won't make a habit of it, but I had to chime in on this thread. That is one cool leather jacket. This is the only word I can come up with. Pretty damn cool.

1 person likes this.
  8. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

lol nobody's content enough to post since black friday.

9. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

LOL

10. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Thought I'd update on some stuff, some not particularly old but I expect to have these items for a long, long time

[​IMG]

Wool contrast/speckled knit, right up there with my Schneider in terms of "damn this is nice"

[​IMG]

Reduced sunglass collection to 3 (from 15) excuse goofy set-up, just for the pic
    Margiela Rimless
    Margiela Cable Temple
    Cutler & Gross 0425

[​IMG]

Took me a while to find the matching wallet, but since I am simple person, I travel with just just these (if only I could find side zips in this color)

[​IMG]

Just a unique card carrying case, starts conversations when you pull out a slim wood holder rather than a metal one

[​IMG]

Like I said before I love Virgin Island Water, but this cologne I've had since 2008 when it came out, only use it for special occasions

[​IMG]

Viscose Knit that I tracked down from Margiela after I hated myself for not purchasing it a while ago

[​IMG]

Mason Pearson, chlorine and salt water are not a friend to your hair pretty much carry it around all the time

[​IMG]

One of my most successful blind purchases this year, now I am trying to justify a leather one

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
    5 people like this.
  11. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

Those rimless glasses looked pretty terrible on you, and they were ridiculously crooked on your face too. Everything else is great though, Those cable temple are so nice.

12. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

You have to see them and touch them bro, my pics always leave a lot to be desired. Yeah my face is tilted, cellphone tilted, thats why I wrote unkept ha, plus I have to adjust the nose pads, that was a straight out of the box pic

13. Zeemon

Zeemon Senior member

the neoprene 3zip is the coolest mmm item of the past 3-4 years imo
    that viscose knit looks also great

14. wootx

wootx Senior member

The viscose knit slipped through my hands last year and I so regret it. I would instacop if I ever put my eyes on one again

1 person likes this.
  15. wootx

wootx Senior member

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  16. husbands

husbands Senior member

Arcterxy Veilance Alight jacket in ordessa green
    [​IMG]

snagged this from the inventory sale for half price, definitely the nicest jacket I've ever owned. great in all kinds of temps

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  17. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

2 people like this.
  18. Louys

Louys Senior member

Lately I've been really stoked about a pair of jeans I got from bonobos, for no other reason then that they have absolutely perfect fit. They also happen to be just a tint blue than indigo which I like. It's really hard to say that spending more money could ever meaningfully improve upon the good feels I get when I wear those pants.

19. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  20. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

(10)?

It's a Tim O'Brien reference; not a bad idea...

I don't get the hate here, other than, OMG it's GQ! :censored:

...unless you think a styleforum thread invented the Your One Essential.... format? :puzzled:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013