Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Comic Book Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by L.R., Jan 22, 2011.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I saw this at blockbuster and considered it. It was good?

Yah, it's pretty good for an animated film in it's genre. Definitely worth a watch if you're a comic book fan. Just download it, 720p version for it is less than 2GB iirc.

2. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

Y: The Last Man

Really enjoyed the first bit, but I found the ending a bit of a let down. I hear they're making a movie now.

3. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^ Do you remember what exactly about the ending you found a let-down?

4. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

This week i have been reading the Alan Moore Swamp Thing comics. Really good
    Great stuff. It's pretty interesting how Frank Miller got his start with a B-list Marvel character (Daredevil) and Moore made his bones with a C-list DC character (Swamp Thing). They probably wouldn't have had a fraction of the freedom had they been given the keys to a franchise character.

5. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

^ Do you remember what exactly about the ending you found a let-down?

I haven't read it since the release, but basically I found that we were lead on this somewhat epic of a journey, and it just petered out..... I was led to believe that the main guy was somehow special, but in the epilogue he was put on something of a back-burner in the grand scheme of things.

Plus the monkey.....

6. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Has anybody read Tomb of Dracula or Walt Simonson's Thor? I've heard great things about both but I'm not sure which to invest in first. Also, anyone who likes comics should read this: [​IMG]

7. Neo_Version 7

I haven't read it since the release, but basically I found that we were lead on this somewhat epic of a journey, and it just petered out..... I was led to believe that the main guy was somehow special, but in the epilogue he was put on something of a back-burner in the grand scheme of things. Plus the monkey.....
    I see. I understand how the ending seemed to divide a lot of readers but personally, I thought it was superb. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't flawless. I always enjoyed the dialogue and character interactions as opposed to the big-picture storytelling though. That might play a part on why I liked it. And I enjoyed the monkey. I never understood the hate. [​IMG]

8. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

I see. I understand how the ending seemed to divide a lot of readers but personally, I thought it was superb. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't flawless. I always enjoyed the dialogue and character interactions as opposed to the big-picture storytelling though. That might play a part on why I liked it.

And I enjoyed the monkey. I never understood the hate. [​IMG]

I can see where you're coming from, and the interactions were quite well done, I just wanted a more meaningful ending I suppose. (For him, at least)

The monkey, I did enjoy. What I meant was I didn't like the ending of the monkey haha.

9. Neo_Version 7

Lol. Poor Ampersand. If they ever do the movie, I'm pretty sure he'll be the hardest thing to adapt onto the big screen.

10. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Has anybody read Tomb of Dracula or Walt Simonson's Thor? I've heard great things about both but I'm not sure which to invest in first.

Also, anyone who likes comics should read this:
    [​IMG]

I used to love Tomb of Dracula as well as Werewolf by Night. I probably have 75% of the total run of both series.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I figured this place is as good as any for a news as such.

12. Neo_Version 7

Back when I followed FF, this stuff used to happen almost annually. I remember when The Thing died and they retrieved his soul from Heaven. And though not technically a death, there was also that storyline where Black Panther and Storm took over Richard and Sue's positions on the team.

Still, I can't say I'm not a little intrigued..

13. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

Is Robin still dead?

I stopped reading comics right around then.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Is Robin still dead? I stopped reading comics right around then.
    There are/were like 5 Robins. Not to mention the other alternate universe/different earth versions.

15. Neo_Version 7

He's probably talking about Jason Todd.

The only character that hasn't been resurrected (so far as I know) is Uncle Ben..