• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The CM Graveyard: First Sartoria Partenopea... next J. Crew?

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Low gorge and skinny lapels:

5ccc86d524000032003ac1d1.jpeg

The way some of retailers here are pushing casual style I won't be surprised if this becomes a hit in the future.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr. Porter private sale is on. Anybody try the Kingsman suits?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no idea, but more importantly, do you have to be invited :p?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
oh and thought I read somewhere the earlier kingsman suit were designed by Thom Sweeney then become someone else? Though don't think they fit the same Thom Sweeney is TTS think Kingsman fit small (or some of its model does)

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, invitation based on how much was spent. 30% off, so not amazing.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ugh that gorge on the shoulder line, the buttoning point at the diaphragm level :(
Okay, just got my Sartorial Partenopea back from my tailor. Needs a good steaming I think to get some wrinkles out. Fits quite well and gorge is not quite as high as it looked on the mannequin. Buttoning point is Canali-high but I’m okay with that. I love the lapels.

EDIT: there’s a toilet in the shot!

1D105AEA-FF95-448E-A7E7-663DB7FA75A6.jpeg EC165671-DEC0-4FBC-86B4-FB58B3403396.jpeg E4CF537F-2292-49B7-9000-DCF90AD4ACCD.jpeg

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vacca dead

A $4MM rent is pretty steep to begin with. But I'm not really sure he offered much that was all that special the last 10 years. I think he ended up chasing wealthy Russians who were more interested in the well know International fashion brands. Had he kept more of a boutique feel and not set up the club etc., would he have made it?

I really enjoyed his stores in the early 2000's where he had beautiful handmade items from Italy. It was a mix of classic and a bit of flair. Very much like the Borrelli boutiques. Tommy Hilfigar opened his downtown flagship across from his small store in SoHo (Vacca also had a small shop up on 60th) . Tommy used to come over, get things made and was clearly influenced by his shirts (he soon copied many of their features in a RTW manner for his product line).

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They had more than one shop on UES back then, definitely was more classical than what it becomes today

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barbs Napoli just opened it’s first London flagship store in Jermyn Street. Interesting move considering the general trend of declining classic menswear - although I do think London is a bit of an exception.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads