• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The CM Graveyard: First Sartoria Partenopea... next J. Crew?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would pick Tom Ford over TB all day though, BBBf wasn’t as short as TB either, BBBF is actually wearable for my height no shorter than B.B. Milano probably (or just a bit shorter)

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Disagree. The Cavaliers players wore TB well. Very different body types from TB’s.
690759E8-138A-4F06-B0F2-AB5C73E7CE7A.jpeg
D76152B6-D1A8-4F2E-91BF-F2954B2ED3A4.jpeg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They also wore boots to compensate for the short hem on the pants. Not a great look.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the Cavs looked ridiculous dressed like that.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s face it: virtually everyone on SF, particularly on CM, will not like TB.
True. I was never fan of the TB look. The streetwear guys probably think differently of TB though.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Let’s face it: virtually everyone on SF, particularly on CM, will not like TB.

That's true, but their being here isn't some kind of negation of their opinion. I mean, you're on here, right?

Almost all that TB stuff looks awful. It either makes you look like a fashion victim or it's just ... bad.

There's a ton of capital-f fashion stuff that's just awful and I feel like, often, everyone plays around and acts like it's not awful when it is. I say that as someone who absolutely loves fashion. There are ways to appreciate what Demna is doing for example, so it's not just some "uggghh who would wear that stuff" attitude. But you can also appreciate the point while saying it looks bad/ stupid.

Same with a ton of designers.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love that they got dressed up in TB, just cause it was a fun and unexpected place to see fashion, but ... I mean, they looked terrible.
How is it an unexpected place to see fashion. Professional athlestes, especially, NBA players, treat the walk to the arena as their runway. They are typically wearing all the hype designers labels. Most do it well.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How is it an unexpected place to see fashion. Professional athlestes, especially, NBA players, treat the walk to the arena as their runway. They are typically wearing all the hype designers labels. Most do it well.

It was unexpected because I've never seen a whole team get kitted out like that, in the same uniform, wearing the same designer. It's usually the same people.

And they almost always look awful in it. It always looks like someone else dressed them.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well Lebron dressed them in that it was his plan. I thought they pulled it off well. But I like the TB look even if it is not for me.

Would you have liked it better if they dressed in matching IM tunics and Ragosta jackets?

Man, what is your hang up with those two items? We get it, you don't like them. But if you're going to harp about them incessantly, at least be witty or funny about it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads