• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The CM Graveyard: First Sartoria Partenopea... next J. Crew?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and in another note, if you guys have something more structured/English and in same price range as you do for sartoria carrara then can probably count me in...
Steed MTM might be what you're looking for.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
s7-1373009_alternate1

They can advertise the convenience features of this jacket: the only DB suit that lets you urinate without even unbuttoning the jacket!

This is Zoom-ready - all other DBs might wrinkle at the waist when seated

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Suit is gray so you could pull off a blue shirt, solid or patterned.

well in that case light blue and light pink work in same way as white, though still not sure about shoe.

and to be clear not interested in buying this, just curious about shoes, maybe polo suede? Feels too menswear

vida

Reaction score
s7-1373009_alternate1

They can advertise the convenience features of this jacket: the only DB suit that lets you urinate without even unbuttoning the jacket!
Purple Label is not that short. This is just advertising and promo. I have no idea why they would present tailored clothing this way...
I have a couple of their current suits and sc's and they are standard length.

JASONBLOOD

Reaction score
Going back to RL, some interesting pieces this year.

I'd be all over this if it didn't look so ridiculously short (although it could be the model's height):

s7-1368530_alternate10

s7-1368530_alternate6

Like the double pleats on the trousers. Also, looks like they're 'in-sourcing' back to Italy for their Polo suits. According to the description, they're also half canvassed.

Lastly, I can't tell if they're going for Cifonelli for their new 'Ralph' cut, or 30's Hollywood:

s7-1373009_alternate1

s7-1373009_alternate6
Gotta ditch the belt loops

abkain

Reaction score
well in that case light blue and light pink work in same way as white, though still not sure about shoe.

and to be clear not interested in buying this, just curious about shoes, maybe polo suede? Feels too menswear
I think a mid to dark oakish brown calf would work and look good. Something like this:
3697C0CD-7D74-44C7-A77E-9A1889A9521C.jpeg

abkain

Reaction score
nothing wrong with it

but at least per these photos it goes to the nice but a bit generic category (style choice wise, I assume he took the house style)
Slightly generic - yes. Not as distinctly English as Poole, Huntsman or C&M, etc. I believe Sexton does a slightly less expensive MtM/Bespoke program where the garment is cut in London but made in Asia - I think.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Never knew Edward Sexton has a cheaper tier, as per usual no pricing info...

abkain

Reaction score
Never knew Edward Sexton has a cheaper tier, as per usual no pricing info...

I recall the price for a two-piece suit under the offshore program being around $2000+/- last time I met with them about two years ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads