• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The CM Graveyard: First Sartoria Partenopea... next J. Crew?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ha, never checked out RL UK, do they deduct VAT, some are actually cheaper if I can divide by 1.2 then convert to USD (no idea about shipping though...)

edit: actually most are cheaper if they deduct VAT, and more stuff in size 36 vs. US

They deduct VAT if I recall correctly. Your best bet is to call the London flagship, and they'll take care of you.

I really like the glen-plaid tie (and the suits - but must resist the urge...).

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ha, never checked out RL UK, do they deduct VAT, some are actually cheaper if I can divide by 1.2 then convert to USD (no idea about shipping though...)

edit: actually most are cheaper if they deduct VAT, and more stuff in size 36 vs. US

Also, if you get one of the 'Ralph' suits, please report back on measurements!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They deduct VAT if I recall correctly. Your best bet is to call the London flagship, and they'll take care of you.

I really like the glen-plaid tie (and the suits - but must resist the urge...).

very good info, never thought of that route, thanks for the tip!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, if you get one of the 'Ralph' suits, please report back on measurements!

oh I wasn't looking at the purple label stuff, as much as I love DB, I just don't really wear them that much..., if I do get a DB probably get a navy pinstripe. I was looking at this RL67 jacket sold out in US but still have 1 available in my size.

if they're still there once go on sale, then...

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh I wasn't looking at the purple label stuff, as much as I love DB, I just don't really wear them that much..., if I do get a DB probably get a navy pinstripe. I was looking at this RL67 jacket sold out in US but still have 1 available in my size.

You're right, they're a lot cheaper.

I have my eye on the 67 Herringbone. Will report back if I decide to pull the trigger.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, I just noticed they're made in the US. That would make it duties exempt, correct?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shift this to MC General Chat thread?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
we can probably all consolidate, not a lot CM stuff to discuss to start with...

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just didn’t want to jinx RL by discussing their stuff in this thread!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so I have a rant about Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole, where should I post, definitely don't want to jinx them either...

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shift this to MC General Chat thread?

I was considering that. But I was thinking that RL's success (and their masterful retreat to the past) could be a good contrarian take on the title of this thread. That said, will be happy to move it so as not to get too off topic.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so I have a rant about Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole, where should I post, definitely don't want to jinx them either...
I guess here is fine. Otherwise:

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any other businesses going under lately?

I wonder if a full bankruptcy will actually mean the physical removal of every store. Some brands have filed but been bailed out this year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads