• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The CM Graveyard: First Sartoria Partenopea... next J. Crew?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RL definitely did this one well, I can see myself picking up one of the RL67 jacket. Though the "problem" I see is it's a bit like Drake's first look book (or whenever it launch tailoring), it's good, but too much classics, you can't repeat it.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Phineas Cole always seemed to miss the mark, as far as I'm concerned.
Paul Stuart tries very hard but always falls short of the goal.......I’m lost on them

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wearing my fav (and only) Phineas Cole linen sweater now. Interesting stuff but hit or miss for me.

D2B5278F-874D-4CA0-A413-54ED495B86C3.jpeg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Paul Stuart tries very hard but always falls short of the goal.......I’m lost on them

mainline or Phineas Cole, I really like 2009 to say 2012~2013? Phineas Cole, mainline always has classy stuff even if it's not necessarily on the look book, and in terms of "completeness" I would think back in those days Paul Stuart is hard to beat as a CM shop.

edit: like in same era, RLPL would have navy, navy pinestripe, grey pinestripe, charocal, rarely windowpane, then polo would have houndtooth, gun check, to me Paul Stuart was definitely more daring in color vs what I felt more static RL

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean my taste are probably different (I like Richard James/Kilgour one button slanted jacket in 2008 to start with), so definitely like the very bold Phineas Cole then.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
definitely a lot classic stuff

edit: also more made in Spain shoes (is that a recent thing? no more CJ/AE?)

and lapel size/buttoning point on this one looks good though stock image always run short so not sure how it looks in person

According to the description, the 40R has a 29.5’ back length, which isn’t bad.

I also miss the legendary Garrison cut.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I remember Garrison is even wider than this though? Though this looks like has lower buttoning point than Garrison.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3.5 inch/9cm works best for me. I have a few 3.75 inch ties but need to wear them with suits with wider lapels.

vida

Reaction score
So, who is the current “made in Italy” maker for polo?

vida

Reaction score
BTW, the Polo Bear is the strangest, most bizarre logo...I mean, it is on Purple Label???? Who buys this Stufor?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads