• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The CM Graveyard: First Sartoria Partenopea... next J. Crew?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, that's the frustrating part, I don't...

Size EU46 has leg opening 17.5cm which is 6.89 in, anything < 7.25 in (or maybe even 7.5 in) I'll get the pants caught in calves and you look stupid when you stand up from sitting down because whole thing just ride up

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesus, my jeans and chinos aren't even that narrow. Pants that narrow literally cannot drape, regardless of material.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yup, I think my jeans (RRL low straight) had leg opening like 7.5 or 7.25 in. I mean for jeans maybe I can go tighter (since they won’t ride up), but no way on pants

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monte Carlo sounds maybe right I forgot, bought from Barneys warehouse and return that's all I could remember...

yup no idea there is such a things synthetic canvass, but got to cut cost somewhere...
I could be wrong about that

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if at least SOME of the issue with strides and calf muscles isn’t so much that so many punters all have massive lower legs but if you wear OTC socks there’s a high likelihood your strides will stick to your legs unless they are cut really wide.
That said, some of the measurements posted above do seem very skinny.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wonder if at least SOME of the issue with strides and calf muscles isn’t so much that so many punters all have massive lower legs but if you wear OTC socks there’s a high likelihood your strides will stick to your legs unless they are cut really wide.
That said, some of the measurements posted above do seem very skinny.

Some of this is definitely due to OTC socks, I have switch to non OTC socks for lightweight summer trouser for sure..., but some of these news ones are just ridiculous slim

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A good news story.

Capture.JPG

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yup, I was surprised to see that as well, though I assume it was planned a while back and they just decide to continue, hope their japanese parent can keep bank roll them...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't doubt you, but continue to do it in this climate, I would think is getting a bit hard

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wilkes Bashford opened a branch in Palo Alto, the heart of Silicon Valley, 20 years ago.
It was just when local businesses started to embrace "casual everyday" . Not that the
tech industry was ever known for elegant dress. I predicted that it would be gone in a
few years. Instead, they have persevered and possibly even prospered by selling
overpriced Italian clothes to a clientele that is largely clueless about style.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wilkes Bashford opened a branch in Palo Alto, the heart of Silicon Valley, 20 years ago.
It was just when local businesses started to embrace "casual everyday" . Not that the
tech industry was ever known for elegant dress. I predicted that it would be gone in a
few years. Instead, they have persevered and possibly even prospered by selling
overpriced Italian clothes to a clientele that is largely clueless about style.

is Wilkes Bashford like Mitchelle (i.e. the Bergdorf Goodman for Connecticut, Long Island). I'll say Paul Stuart got more competition in South Hampton though

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is Wilkes Bashford like Mitchelle (i.e. the Bergdorf Goodman for Connecticut, Long Island). I'll say Paul Stuart got more competition in South Hampton though
Mitchell's owns Wilkes Bashford and a few other stores.

Capture.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads