• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The CM Graveyard: First Sartoria Partenopea... next J. Crew?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
paul stuart has 25% off on everything, so includes those already deep discounted stuff, nothing in my size, but worth browsing..., hope they can make it
They have been through many recessions. Hope they make it through this one also. I have a feeling they will.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Any idea who owns Paul Stuart, or how it’s structured?

papado

Reaction score
Speaking of Paul Stuart, did anyone else get some cryptically phrased 'gift card' offer from them in the mail where it basically seems like they're giving you a free credit? Says no purchase necessary; only requirement is it must be in-store. Was gonna ask them about it but as we've got COVID-19 going strong and the offer ends April 30 I'm not sure if I'll be able to check it out in person.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not really CM death (at least I’m hoping not) anyone ever heard of Husbands Paris, saw them in mod operandi and their own website actually looks like some of the English I like (or I just don’t know what French suppose to mean)

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really CM death (at least I’m hoping not) anyone ever heard of Husbands Paris, saw them in mod operandi and their own website actually looks like some of the English I like (or I just don’t know what French suppose to mean)

Parisian Gentleman has written about them here.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mr Porter carries them.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, long haul. It will be with us for a while apparently. Might be a new normal in a way.

I told my kids after 9/11 (they were very young) to pay attention as they were living through a part of history that would be studied for years and years. It was unique. Then came Iraq and W's idiocies, the housing crash, endless wars, the Republicans going so crazy they elected Trump, now Covid-19.

This time period I asked them to pay attention to has yet to stop.
But think of the last century: 1900s tail end of the Age of Decadence coupled with global colonial wars and scrambling for territory, 1910s WWI and Russian Revolution (and a flu pandemic), 1920s craze, communists and great crash, 1930s depression and fascism and FDR, 1940s WWII, 1950s the new American Dream/jet age/MLK culminating in the man on the moon the next decade with a background of decolonisation and Cold War, 1960s the beginning of Vietnam (and a flu pandemic), 1970s.. was just nuts in most ways, 1980s Reagan boom and debt, 1990s end of history/dotcom... we've had it easy so far.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But think of the last century: 1900s tail end of the Age of Decadence coupled with global colonial wars and scrambling for territory, 1910s WWI and Russian Revolution (and a flu pandemic), 1920s craze, communists and great crash, 1930s depression and fascism and FDR, 1940s WWII, 1950s the new American Dream/jet age/MLK culminating in the man on the moon the next decade with a background of decolonisation and Cold War, 1960s the beginning of Vietnam (and a flu pandemic), 1970s.. was just nuts in most ways, 1980s Reagan boom and debt, 1990s end of history/dotcom... we've had it easy so far.
Yeah, my viewpoint is very subjective. Not sure if I’d say we’ve had it too easy but I know what you mean.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might hazard a guess that covid 19 might mark the end of Pax Americana
That’s likely the term that future historians will call 1945-2021 with Covid-19 and Trump providing the clear end.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Can anyone comment on fit and sizing? By the size chart it looks to be narrow shouldered and long.

@steveoffice and @mmmargeologist are husbands boys

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads