• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The CM Graveyard: First Sartoria Partenopea... next J. Crew?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, as long as it doesn't come back like Spanish flu strong...

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm keeping my eye on some EU and UK vendors as the US dollar is at a 5 year high against the pound and gaining on the Euro.
Same here. I would like to order another bespoke suit from Cifonelli but he's closed right now. I'm also not sure if any of those traveling tailors will be coming to the US anytime soon.

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even if the virus quiets down for the summer, there could likely by a resurgence in the fall.

I'm keeping my eye on some EU and UK vendors as the US dollar is at a 5 year high against the pound and gaining on the Euro.
sadly the margin I have for purchases just shrank slightly. The usd has never been higher. EU folks however are in for a thrashing. But it’s a good thing a lot of the great clothing stores designer wise are Italy based. UK for CM naturally

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The last time I capitalised in a currency shock was when the yen collapsed and Apple didn’t price correct for 6 months. But now I got better options than waiting for black swan events

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, long haul. It will be with us for a while apparently. Might be a new normal in a way.

I told my kids after 9/11 (they were very young) to pay attention as they were living through a part of history that would be studied for years and years. It was unique. Then came Iraq and W's idiocies, the housing crash, endless wars, the Republicans going so crazy they elected Trump, now Covid-19.

This time period I asked them to pay attention to has yet to stop.

on the upside, they got more stories to tell their kids...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Same here. I would like to order another bespoke suit from Cifonelli but he's closed right now. I'm also not sure if any of those traveling tailors will be coming to the US anytime soon.

off topic, how was your experience with Cifonelli

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty good. My only other comparison is Huntsman when they traveled to Texas. The Cifonelli looks much nicer and just feels overall like a better product despite being close to the same price.

It’s much quicker if you go to Paris instead of waiting for him to come to the US only. It went like this:
1. Got measured and selected fabric in Paris in November 2018. They told me come back the next day in the afternoon and I could do my first fitting.

2. Met Lorenzo up in NYC in December 2019 did 2nd fitting.

3. Met up Lorenzo in NYC in March 2019 and did a 3rd fitting.

3. Met up Lorenzo again in Paris and did another 2 fittings on back to back days in September 2019.

4. Received the suit late September/ early October.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes that was initially my first choice but they don’t really travel to NYC like Cifonelli. At least I haven’t seen them travel on a regular basis to the US.

sftiger

Reaction score
Pretty good. My only other comparison is Huntsman when they traveled to Texas. The Cifonelli looks much nicer and just feels overall like a better product despite being close to the same price.

It’s much quicker if you go to Paris instead of waiting for him to come to the US only. It went like this:
1. Got measured and selected fabric in Paris in November 2018. They told me come back the next day in the afternoon and I could do my first fitting.

2. Met Lorenzo up in NYC in December 2019 did 2nd fitting.

3. Met up Lorenzo in NYC in March 2019 and did a 3rd fitting.

3. Met up Lorenzo again in Paris and did another 2 fittings on back to back days in September 2019.

4. Received the suit late September/ early October.

Love that they are also offering time-travel as a courtesy to customers. Competitive market out there so I totally get it. Big differentiator.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads