• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The CM Graveyard: First Sartoria Partenopea... next J. Crew?

JASONBLOOD

Reaction score
Looks like just a loop to hold the front closure. The other ones are side adjusters...
Thank God I was under the impression that there were loops. Listen- I have orazio Luciani trousers with loops they drive me bananas.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually have mine taken off...perhaps you could get your tailor to do that too? I only don't remove them if I plan to sell it later down the line.

polyfusion

Reaction score
Slightly generic - yes. Not as distinctly English as Poole, Huntsman or C&M, etc. I believe Sexton does a slightly less expensive MtM/Bespoke program where the garment is cut in London but made in Asia - I think.
I’ve had several pieces made at W&S. Do not discount them - Sian, the cutter there is fantastic and is brilliantly adept at understanding the style choices you might suggest outside of w&s’s house style (which is admittedly fairly conservative but then so is most of the row). If you want saville row but can’t stretch to Gieves or Sexton prices IMO, W&S is a great choice.

sid11111

Reaction score

They can advertise the convenience features of this jacket: the only DB suit that lets you urinate without even unbuttoning the jacket!
Say what you want but Uncle Ralph is still making money that most businesses can only dream about selling these tyles of clothes.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Say what you want but Uncle Ralph is still making money that most businesses can only dream about selling these tyles of clothes.
Walmart sells a lot of clothes, too.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Financial Times piece on resurrecting Brooks Brothers, echoing much of the comment in this thread on the need to get smaller and more upmarket.

How to bring Brooks Brothers back from the brink

https://on.ft.com/3qzp55z

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Financial Times piece on resurrecting Brooks Brothers, echoing much of the comment in this thread on the need to get smaller and more upmarket.

How to bring Brooks Brothers back from the brink

https://on.ft.com/3qzp55z
Brands rebuild themselves all the time. Apple is probably the best example I can think of. Left for dead by the 1990’s, it was able to turn around but it did so based on the vision of its founder.

Brooks will need a vision and someone focused on the brand. Hopefully, gone will be chopsticks and branded golf tees. Gone will be that nasty cologne and the other tchotchkies that littered those ridiculous display cases.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brands rebuild themselves all the time. Apple is probably the best example I can think of. Left for dead by the 1990’s, it was able to turn around but it did so based on the vision of its founder.

Brooks will need a vision and someone focused on the brand. Hopefully, gone will be chopsticks and branded golf tees. Gone will be that nasty cologne and the other tchotchkies that littered those ridiculous display cases.
I wonder if anyone ever bought the Brooks Brothers chopsticks and rice bowl that was like $2000.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.