• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The CM Graveyard: First Sartoria Partenopea... next J. Crew?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, that's the frustrating part, I don't...

Size EU46 has leg opening 17.5cm which is 6.89 in, anything < 7.25 in (or maybe even 7.5 in) I'll get the pants caught in calves and you look stupid when you stand up from sitting down because whole thing just ride up

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesus, my jeans and chinos aren't even that narrow. Pants that narrow literally cannot drape, regardless of material.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yup, I think my jeans (RRL low straight) had leg opening like 7.5 or 7.25 in. I mean for jeans maybe I can go tighter (since they won’t ride up), but no way on pants

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monte Carlo sounds maybe right I forgot, bought from Barneys warehouse and return that's all I could remember...

yup no idea there is such a things synthetic canvass, but got to cut cost somewhere...
I could be wrong about that

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if at least SOME of the issue with strides and calf muscles isn’t so much that so many punters all have massive lower legs but if you wear OTC socks there’s a high likelihood your strides will stick to your legs unless they are cut really wide.
That said, some of the measurements posted above do seem very skinny.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wonder if at least SOME of the issue with strides and calf muscles isn’t so much that so many punters all have massive lower legs but if you wear OTC socks there’s a high likelihood your strides will stick to your legs unless they are cut really wide.
That said, some of the measurements posted above do seem very skinny.
Some of this is definitely due to OTC socks, I have switch to non OTC socks for lightweight summer trouser for sure..., but some of these news ones are just ridiculous slim

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yup, I was surprised to see that as well, though I assume it was planned a while back and they just decide to continue, hope their japanese parent can keep bank roll them...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't doubt you, but continue to do it in this climate, I would think is getting a bit hard

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wilkes Bashford opened a branch in Palo Alto, the heart of Silicon Valley, 20 years ago.
It was just when local businesses started to embrace "casual everyday" . Not that the
tech industry was ever known for elegant dress. I predicted that it would be gone in a
few years. Instead, they have persevered and possibly even prospered by selling
overpriced Italian clothes to a clientele that is largely clueless about style.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wilkes Bashford opened a branch in Palo Alto, the heart of Silicon Valley, 20 years ago.
It was just when local businesses started to embrace "casual everyday" . Not that the
tech industry was ever known for elegant dress. I predicted that it would be gone in a
few years. Instead, they have persevered and possibly even prospered by selling
overpriced Italian clothes to a clientele that is largely clueless about style.
is Wilkes Bashford like Mitchelle (i.e. the Bergdorf Goodman for Connecticut, Long Island). I'll say Paul Stuart got more competition in South Hampton though

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is Wilkes Bashford like Mitchelle (i.e. the Bergdorf Goodman for Connecticut, Long Island). I'll say Paul Stuart got more competition in South Hampton though
Mitchell's owns Wilkes Bashford and a few other stores.

Capture.JPG

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.