1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The CM Graveyard: First Sartoria Partenopea... next J. Crew?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jrd617, Jun 13, 2017.

1. clee1982

clee1982 Stylish Dinosaur

Would pick Tom Ford over TB all day though, BBBf wasn’t as short as TB either, BBBF is actually wearable for my height no shorter than B.B. Milano probably (or just a bit shorter)

2. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

Disagree. The Cavaliers players wore TB well. Very different body types from TB’s.
    690759E8-138A-4F06-B0F2-AB5C73E7CE7A.jpeg D76152B6-D1A8-4F2E-91BF-F2954B2ED3A4.jpeg

3. smittycl

smittycl Distinguished Member

They also wore boots to compensate for the short hem on the pants. Not a great look.

4. Texasmade

Texasmade Distinguished Member

I thought the Cavs looked ridiculous dressed like that.

5. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Mahatma Jawndi Dubiously Honored

I love that they got dressed up in TB, just cause it was a fun and unexpected place to see fashion, but ... I mean, they looked terrible.

6. bry2000

Let’s face it: virtually everyone on SF, particularly on CM, will not like TB.

7. Texasmade

Texasmade Distinguished Member

True. I was never fan of the TB look. The streetwear guys probably think differently of TB though.

8. dieworkwear

That's true, but their being here isn't some kind of negation of their opinion. I mean, you're on here, right?

Almost all that TB stuff looks awful. It either makes you look like a fashion victim or it's just ... bad.

There's a ton of capital-f fashion stuff that's just awful and I feel like, often, everyone plays around and acts like it's not awful when it is. I say that as someone who absolutely loves fashion. There are ways to appreciate what Demna is doing for example, so it's not just some "uggghh who would wear that stuff" attitude. But you can also appreciate the point while saying it looks bad/ stupid.

Same with a ton of designers.

9. bry2000

How is it an unexpected place to see fashion. Professional athlestes, especially, NBA players, treat the walk to the arena as their runway. They are typically wearing all the hype designers labels. Most do it well.

10. dieworkwear

It was unexpected because I've never seen a whole team get kitted out like that, in the same uniform, wearing the same designer. It's usually the same people.

And they almost always look awful in it. It always looks like someone else dressed them.

11. bry2000

Well Lebron dressed them in that it was his plan. I thought they pulled it off well. But I like the TB look even if it is not for me.

Would you have liked it better if they dressed in matching IM tunics and Ragosta jackets?

12. dieworkwear

Man, what is your hang up with those two items? We get it, you don't like them. But if you're going to harp about them incessantly, at least be witty or funny about it.

13. bry2000

They trigger me in the same way my comments about them trigger you.

14. dieworkwear

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018

15. bry2000

What the hell are you talking about? You are having a bit of an overreaction to an off the cuff comment I made. Relax bro. It’s just clothes. You’ll live.