1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Cloud - and other disruptive Information Technology

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by Douglas, Mar 22, 2011.

1. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

have no idea... I was under same impression that they were mainly CRM SaaS.

Salesforce has a cloud based development platform based on their architecture called Force.com, and they claim close to 200,000 separate apps run on it.

2. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

I'm looking for experienced user feedback about Salesforce. My company is doing an internal discovery process as we finally move to investing in CRM. We're very early in the process, no platforms/solutions are being considered yet.

We have very different needs across departments.

I'm particularly interested in Chatter, Service Cloud etc... and facilitating project collaboration. If anybody has real hands on experience, would love to here it- PM me if you'd like.

3. passingtime

passingtime Senior member

I'm looking for experienced user feedback about Salesforce. My company is doing an internal discovery process as we finally move to investing in CRM. We're very early in the process, no platforms/solutions are being considered yet.

We have very different needs across departments.

I'm particularly interested in Chatter, Service Cloud etc... and facilitating project collaboration. If anybody has real hands on experience, would love to here it- PM me if you'd like.

I've used it. We have the CRM solution cross linked to provide service provisioning and various other things. We looked at Chatter band although it's a good product it isn't pervasive enough - if you want to just use it within your organisation that's fine though.

The downsides are regulated data, and application tie in. Their infrastructure is not audited to the level necessary for things like HIPAA or PCI and they will be the first to tell you that. The other issue is moving away from them in the future. A lot of what you build is highly specific to the infrastructure and this is true of most SaaS vendor so you need to be really happy with your selection.

On balance though we are happy with them which is just as well because they are deeply embedded in our workflow process now.