1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The "classic" navy blazer

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by shiggles, Oct 17, 2012.

1. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

"It's a blazer", "It's not a blazer".

[​IMG]

2. js4design

js4design Senior member

Not to hijack this thread, but I want to get a seasonal blue blazer made this month, and was wondering what winter weight fabrics people preferred. Any opinions?

3. thinman

thinman Senior member

Exactly, Mike. People can search and find out for themselves what truly makes a jacket a blazer. It's not a debate I choose to get into.
    I posted my 2 go-to online button sources and a way to find local sources.

4. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Maybe hopsack - lighter than worsted wool and a good weight for fall, in my opinion. But get worsted wool if you want something you can wear throughout the entire winter, probably.

5. shiggles

shiggles Member

So I received the garment, which I am now calling a SPORT COAT :), this morning. It fits tremendously well. Honestly, better than I thought it would. I don't think I'm going to even need to have it altered.

It obviously isn't the finest of quality garments, but since I am really only going to sport this for casual events, I'm not too worried.

Thanks for your help, everybody!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  6. stant62

stant62 Senior member

I go with a 3 season dark/midnight navy with my undergrad crest as the blazer buttons and a summer cotton blazer with white MoP buttons. Darted double-vented due to my body type...