• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Clark Kent Look - Where to get the frames?

meFIRST

Reaction score
The "Clark Kent" look is all the rage.

I'm in the market for the clark kent style glasses, but I have trouble finding them. Part of the problem is my head : The circumference of my head is larger than average.

Most of the frames you find at the chain store's don't fit me and need to be special ordered - thus the problem. It doen't help that I am extremely picky.

I live in New York. I've tried the chains without much luck.

atalante

Reaction score
vintage clothing stores, selima, morganthal fredricks. troll the east village + soho

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try Ben Silver they have a number of horn frames

atalante

Reaction score
another idea: pop the sunglass lens out of ray ban wayfarers and use those. i've seen a few people who've done that + it seemed like a good idea.

meFIRST

Reaction score
Thanks folks. Oliver peoples proved to be too edgy, I finally settled on a pair from Lafont Opticien. The pair I really wanted, animal rights aside, made of out water buffalo horn from Hoffmann Optik at over 600 EUR (lenses not included) was too much money for me. Incidently, these are both lines that Ben Silver carry stateside on their catalog. Lafont has incredible service and the frames look well made, all of which you pay for of course. They were incredibly patient dispite me being difficult. I saved myself from further EUR bleed - I'm having the lenses made here in the states. Now, for the costume...

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by meFIRST
The "Clark Kent" look is all the rage.

I'm in the market for the clark kent style glasses, but I have trouble finding them. Part of the problem is my head : The circumference of my head is larger than average.

Most of the frames you find at the chain store's don't fit me and need to be special ordered - thus the problem. It doen't help that I am extremely picky.

I live in New York. I've tried the chains without much luck.

You have a curious handle for someone who wants to jump on the bandwagon.
tounge.gif

Exalt

Reaction score

tor

Reaction score
Jebus **** this thread is so old. Why would anyone drag this up?

But, if anyone is still looking for glasses like this...look up Moscot.

shasta

Reaction score
hahah i love how he goes "all the rage" ahhahahahah

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trouble is unless you're huge you look less like Clark Kent and more like Rivers Cuomo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics