• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Chicago thread - local recommendations, trunk shows, goings-on, etc.

krudsma

Reaction score
I've only used them once but they were great. They're pretty far from me so I used their pickup/dropoff service for a suit. I don't really use a dry cleaner that often - I machine wash my shirts and hand wash my sweaters - but they'll definitely be my go-to for suits, especially considering how hard it is to find someone who can properly press a suit.

Dr Nemo

Reaction score
Went to Davis in Evanston recently for the first time to have my BB semi-custon blazer dry cleaned. Excellent results. $20.

MattyS

Reaction score
Sparrow is highly worthy. Rum drinks are their specialty. It's a shame that the French bistro around the corner is gone. It wasn't the best in town, but it was good and reliable if you were in the triangle.
Was that Bistro Zinc?

MattyS

Reaction score
I hope you're all safe after today's shocking events. My stepbrother and his family were at the parade, saw the shooting, and managed to escape. They were terribly shaken but are OK.

nevaeh

Reaction score
I hope you're all safe after today's shocking events. My stepbrother and his family were at the parade, saw the shooting, and managed to escape. They were terribly shaken but are OK.
I am glad your family is OK. But I can't imagine how petrifying it must've been for them. When will we finally say enough is enough to this horrific, senseless violence and do something about this.

I hope you all and your families are safe.

Najnar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where do you guys go for alterations? My go to, Nikoforos, is "inching towards retirement" and is now only open from 1-3pm.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do you guys go for alterations? My go to, Nikoforos, is "inching towards retirement" and is now only open from 1-3pm.
It’s been a little while but Nick on Oak Street was superb.

nevaeh

Reaction score
Eric Boasmond at the Tailor Shop in the Loop.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nick on Oak Street has done multiple things for me from the simple (putting a hem on a pair of trousers) to the complex (breaking down my late 90s Sulka sportcoat, giving it more natural shoulders with a slight roping at the shoulder}. All of it has been exceptional.

Last edited:

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those in the western burbs, Suki at Personal Touch in Western Springs performs excellent alterations, and Gateway Cleaners in Hinsdale are as good as anyone in the city.

leapyourbar

Reaction score
For me a rooftop is as much about fresh air, good drinks/food, and good company as it is about views. O&E sounds like it would be great.

Not yet about Avec River North, but it's on my list. I've been to the West Loop one many times, but haven't made it Avec River North. Since I moved from the West Loop to Lake Shore East a few months ago, I've been exploring more RN restaurants.

Avec in the West Loop is wildly underrated -- we were blown away when we went in 2019. I'll be in Chicago this weekend, albeit to take my dog to Montrose dog beach for the afternoon :).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads