• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Cast hoodie sizing

jswanson3

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Considering a hoodie by The Cast from active endeavors. Surprisingly they have a small, and I want to know what size to get. Do they run fairly slim? Sizing comparison to american apparel? How is the material?
 

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Moderator
Joined
Mar 8, 2002
Messages
44,857
Reaction score
18,231
Originally Posted by jswanson3
Considering a hoodie by The Cast from active endeavors. Surprisingly they have a small, and I want to know what size to get. Do they run fairly slim? Sizing comparison to american apparel? How is the material?
They used to do the hoodies on a Lee 50/50'S hoodie, and Active Endeavors still said that they were 100% cotton
Anyway, this is the first fall season where they've gone with a cut and sew, so I don't know how things size anymore. If they are the same fit, though, the hoodies are sort of short in the arms, and a classic hoodie fit through the body. The graphics are pretty cool and well detailed. I have 2 (a washed out purplish navy "chandelier" one, and a gold on wine "Frame" one. Love them both, and wear the wine one a lot. Looks great with anitfit jeans and beat up sneakers.
 

mass

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
there will be hoodies with leather hoods in the new collection and they look awesome.
 

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Moderator
Joined
Mar 8, 2002
Messages
44,857
Reaction score
18,231
Originally Posted by mass
there will be hoodies with leather hoods in the new collection and they look awesome.

They are already available at Active Endeavors. At $400, a little too rich for my blood though. Well, $320, if you use the coupon. Ummm, still too expensive for me.
 

JoMak_NYC

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
296
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by LA Guy
They are already available at Active Endeavors. At $400, a little too rich for my blood though. Well, $320, if you use the coupon. Ummm, still too expensive for me.

Even though I never posted in the $1500 outfit thread - that leather hooded hoodie was part of the ensemble. I likes it a lot.
 

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Moderator
Joined
Mar 8, 2002
Messages
44,857
Reaction score
18,231
Originally Posted by JoMak_NYC
Even though I never posted in the $1500 outfit thread - that leather hooded hoodie was part of the ensemble. I likes it a lot.

I am going to post intermittently on that thread. I have an outfit that uses that hoodie. Post there if you want to beat me to it.
 

JoMak_NYC

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
296
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I am going to post intermittently on that thread. I have an outfit that uses that hoodie. Post there if you want to beat me to it.


Just saw this you have an unfair headstart. I 'll do it w/o pics then.............
 

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2006
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
12
I'm 5'10", 38-39" chest, and the size small hoodie I tried on (just had 'The Cast' in gold thread on the back) fit really well, though the sleeves were a bit short for my tastes, just came to the bottom of my wrists*. The silk lining was OK, nothing really spectacular there, the hype was more than the end result.. IIRC my roommate got it for $150, and that's about all I would pay for one.

*I'm used to Rick Owens/Helmut Lang sleeves.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 129 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 241 32.1%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 118 15.7%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 68 9.1%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 47 6.3%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 23 3.1%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 21 2.8%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 16 2.1%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 7 0.9%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 7 0.9%
  • 100+

    Votes: 48 6.4%

Related Threads

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
428,645
Messages
9,221,974
Members
193,596
Latest member
dfouglaswardhg
Top