• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Buyer's Remorse Thread

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What purchases do you regret? I'll go first: -A simmonon-godard pocket square which just arrived an hour ago. A Suitable Wardrobe had me all hyped up about them because the fabric is so great... but the thing is bloody huge at 18", it's too big for me to fit comfortably in my pocket. -my first bespoke suit, I opted for a lighter shade of blue based on an 6" swatch against my tailors advice... I felt ill when I saw it at my first fitting and only ever wore it once. It's left me trigger-shy to try anything bespoke or MTM again...

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Expensive MTM shirts and suits. 90% of my pocket squares--at the end, I need and want like three of them.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine anyone who buys anything made by Eric Glennie is feeling proud of himself right now.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dirk diggler
I can't imagine anyone who buys anything made by Eric Glennie is feeling proud of himself right now.

You should always be proud of sponsoring genius.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good lord, that was hilarious.

My regret: buying into the Daffy's Incotex craze...the two pants I bought, i've never work after the first time.

base615

Reaction score

Does such a consumer really exist?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Three pair of socks from a certain shirt maker who will remain anonymous

The finest socks in the world?

- B

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd rather have a Eric Glennie pocket panel than my last pocket square...
frown.gif

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, it's a pocketsquare not a house or car. It's ok to make a mistake and not beat yourself up over it. Just go out and buy a white linen square, a silk blue paisley and some pattern in purple or burgundy silk. Have a double martini and you'll be fine.
smile.gif

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Soo if so many people are sore about a square piece of cloth...anyone want to recommend a pocket square with this sports coat? Ironically I wear it with a very similar shirt but with purple stripes that are a ted closer together, also by RL.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
Soo if so many people are sore about a square piece of cloth...anyone want to recommend a pocket square with this sports coat? Ironically I wear it with a very similar shirt but with purple stripes that are a ted closer together, also by RL.

I'm not even going to look at it, because I already have he answer: silk, cream.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads