• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Bunny Roger Style.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
More pictures:

img006tc6.jpg

Is this being idolized? Why the hell?

petitnoblesse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by arnach
Is this being idolized? Why the hell?

What you don't notice the Neapolitan discrete waist suppression and the goodyear welt pumps?

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can't idolise this. Really. That man is wearing flip-flops.

khaki sack

Reaction score
The make up is all ,wrong.
plain.gif

azeemfiji

Reaction score
Hello there LabelKing,

Thank you for your quick reply

I did contact Sotheby's in London but they didn't have any catalogues. I did also try a dealer called The Cary Collection based in New York which, according to its listing on Abebooks, had 6 such catalogues. I even rang the dealer and he assured me that he would put aside 2 catalogues for me but after waiting nearly a week he merely cancelled my order without so much as an explanatory email. He was so friendly and reassuring which had me all agog that a catalogue would be winging its way to me but I think he was really only leading me a merry dance.

I have a Sunday Times (UK) article on Bunny Roger which I would like to scan and post at some point. Do you know the one? It came out shortly after he'd died.

Regards,

Azeemfiji

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got mine from a seller known as the Catalog Kid: www.catalogkid.com/ They may have it but it's not listed on the website. The cover has a zebra-skin pattern, and is called The Roger Collection. I think I've read that article, but it would be nice if you scanned and posted it.

tlmusic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
bunny-rogers.jpg

Found this pic, but is this even him?

The pic is a bit blurry on my monitor, but it sure looks like Prince Albert, the Duke of York, later King George VI of England.

azeemfiji

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I just missed out on one on ebay selling, incredibly, for 99 pence by a few days! But I think I may have located another one in New York (Brooklyn this time rather than Manhattan) for $96. The seller has emailed to say it's available. I've yet to hear back from 'The Catalogue Kid' but I might go thither for another catalogue not that I'm trying to corner the market in Bunny Roger catalogues but on the premise that one should always have two of such things: one for dipping into and one for archiving (almost sounds like an Oscar Wilde witticism!). Oddly enough, I've been trying to get one since 2006 but it's only now that I'm a lot more internet-savvy - and that I've finally girded up my loins - that I'm finally seeing things happen

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
he was also a great gentleman; he would actually knock off the hats of men who didn't take them off when passing the Cenotaph in London

LoL...sounds like quite the gentleman.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by azeemfiji
Thanks for that. I just missed out on one on ebay selling, incredibly, for 99 pence by a few days! But I think I may have located another one in New York (Brooklyn this time rather than Manhattan) for $96. The seller has emailed to say it's available. I've yet to hear back from 'The Catalogue Kid' but I might go thither for another catalogue not that I'm trying to corner the market in Bunny Roger catalogues but on the premise that one should always have two of such things: one for dipping into and one for archiving (almost sounds like an Oscar Wilde witticism!). Oddly enough, I've been trying to get one since 2006 but it's only now that I'm a lot more internet-savvy - and that I've finally girded up my loins - that I'm finally seeing things happen
Yes, it's interesting to see how such things have become rather desirable. I remember once seeing the special slip-cased Windsor catalogs for sale at a discount bin at Barnes & Noble.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by azeemfiji
I've yet to hear back from 'The Catalogue Kid' but I might go thither for another catalogue not that I'm trying to corner the market in Bunny Roger catalogues

Can someone explain why? Why would anyone want a catalog of a ****** **********er (unless you have a fetish for that sort of thing, then SF might be the wrong forum)? I don't understand. This is a serious question.

khaki sack

Reaction score
Can someone explain why? Why would anyone want a catalog of a ****** **********er

For a bit of late night ,reading.
eh.gif

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone want a catalog of a ****** **********er? I don't understand. This is a serious question.
He wasn't a transsexual and as for cross dressing, well, it was a relatively common diversion among English aristocracy. This is Style Forum and Bunny seems to have had more than his share.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads