1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The BMW 5 Series Granturismo

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by acidboy, Jan 20, 2010.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I might like the Volvo.

+1

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

It kinda ruins the GT acronym used in other car names...... Maserati GranTurismo, Nissan GT-R, etc.

It's not going to create any new BMW sales, it'll just eat into 7-series sales.

This. The 5 GT is insanely expensive.

3. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

This. The 5 GT is insanely expensive.
    I was shocked when I saw the sticker on the activehybrid 5 GT... over $90,000! [​IMG]

4. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

I like the look. No idea it was so expensive, though.

5. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

they should just make a liftback sedan as standard. liftback (or 5-door as it is called in UK) is so much more useful, and looks exactly the same as the sedan.

6. Roy

Roy Senior member

It kinda ruins the GT acronym used in other car names...... Maserati GranTurismo, Nissan GT-R, etc.

It's not going to create any new BMW sales, it'll just eat into 7-series sales.

The weird thing is, it's based on the 7-series. NOT the 5 series, even though it's called 5 series GT.

It's also bigger and wider than the new 5-series sedan.

7. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

What will be interesting is the rumored 3 series GT, which is much the same only more svelte. The new 3 sedan is now a nearly perfect size, being a possible substitute if I am ever forced to get rid of my 9-5 Saab. If the GT adds a few inches of leg and headroom to that and keeps most of the basic dimensions intact, then you'll really have something to consider.

8. Mute

Mute Senior member

Get the touring wagon. That thing makes Janet Napolitano look like a beauty queen. Yes, it's ugly IRL too.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

ladies and gentlemen, the BMW Aztek

1 person likes this.
  10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Ugly isn't the word.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  11. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

The first pics of the Ferrari 458 italia had a similar problem, I think. Based on initial pics I think many people were unimpressed but it's a very pretty car. Have a hard time seeing how that new BMW could have the same problem though.