Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The BlazerSuit™ ... Part Deux!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Feb 23, 2009.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

These monks look black to me (or as edmorel would call it... "oxblood" [​IMG] )

Manton - pics of the double-pleated shorts or it didn't happen !

2. haganah

haganah Senior member

I'm having such a bad day today that your picture frames are really bothering me now.
    What GDL is trying to say is that he likes his moleskin trim and fit, like his chicken breast or what I'm wearing today: [​IMG] - B

3. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

The blue ones are a mistake. . . . They really don't work with the khaki pants.
    Besides, part of being an iGent is praying toward Naples five times a day, and in Napoli, the blue SB 3 roll 2.5, 3 open patch with swelled edges is the ne plus ultra coat.
    Since the BlazerSuit™ is all about versatility and innovation, the next generation of BlazerSuits™ could have specially-developed buttons, with faceplates that snap on and off. The could be donut-shaped, to make the buttonhole thread visible, or better, they could have fake buttonhole stitching at the center. The basic button could be a versatile smoky brown. They look great with khaki pants, for an American look. Or, with the quick snap-on patented BlazerSuit™ blue button cover, you can change to blue buttons, in a snap, for an Italian look that fetches admiring glances on the continent. BlazerSuits™ in lighter fabrics might come with a mother-of-pearl button cover, for that leisured, summery look. And no BlazerSuit™ could be complete without the brass snap-on button cover, for that traditional look that seals the deal. This sort of gimmick could take the BlazerSuit™ to the next level. I can hear the ad copy on late-night TV now.

4. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

I'm having such a bad day today that your picture frames are really bothering me now.

Why? Do you think that devoting a whole, gigantic wall within a large (okay: palacial) office suite to framed and mounted photographs of exotic trips is a manifestly undemocratic snub to a world of cubicles, bank bailouts, and TGI Fridays?

It could be worse, you know.

[​IMG]

I'm just a minor tyrant...so small as to be barely visible. Itsy bitsy. Like a speck, or mote.

- B

5. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

The linen BlazerSuitâ„¢ will have smoked MoP buttons, so that is OK.

Now there's a thought. I have one coming from Solito et al.

6. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

How about a suit that can be worn night and day, awake and asleep, like T4phage's Panicos?

Suit24â„¢?

- B

7. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

And what say ye of smoked MOP buttons instead of horn? I just happen to have a set in my desk drawer--such are the trappings of Sartorial Personality Disorder (coming in the DSMVI)

I secretly have a Zegna that I BlazerSuited long ago. Horn buttons with dark edges and very light, almost white centers. I like it. I posted a pic once, way back, but the image was too shoddy to see the details.

8. haganah

haganah Senior member

I was hoping for neon lights and posters from liquor manufacturers instead. How did you convince crate & barrel to give you different stock photos for each frame though?
    Why? Do you think that devoting a whole, gigantic wall within a large (okay: palacial) office suite to framed and mounted photographs of exotic trips is a manifestly undemocratic snub to a world of cubicles, bank bailouts, and TGI Fridays? It could be worse, you know. [​IMG] I'm just a minor tyrant...so small as to be barely visible. Itsy bitsy. Like a speck, or mote. - B

9. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

What GDL is trying to say is that he likes his moleskin trim and fit, like his chicken breast or what I'm wearing today:

[​IMG]

- B

What's the red box in the lower left (Grim's right)?

10. haganah

haganah Senior member

magazine holder...they sell them at c&b with complimentary copies of conde naste traveler and highlights for your office.

11. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

That bin holds recent publications that my staff and I have produced...saves me the time of hunting for them when I give visitors the boot.

- B

12. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

magazine holder...they sell them at c&b with complimentary copies of conde naste traveler and highlights for your office.

Dental Hygenist Quarterly, or DHQ.

- B

13. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

How did you convince crate & barrel to give you different stock photos for each frame though?

I receive their catalog, so I have a lot of pull.

- B

14. yachtie

yachtie Senior member

Why? Do you think that devoting a whole, gigantic wall within a large (okay: palacial) office suite to framed and mounted photographs of exotic trips is a manifestly undemocratic snub to a world of cubicles, bank bailouts, and TGI Fridays?

It could be worse, you know.

[​IMG]

I'm just a minor tyrant...so small as to be barely visible. Itsy bitsy. Like a speck, or mote.

- B

how in the hell did you get a picture of the hallway to my PRIVATE OFFICE?!?

15. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

how in the hell did you get a picture of the hallway to my PRIVATE OFFICE?!?

I sent someone who would walk below radar range...

whnay.

- B