• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BlazerSuit™ ... Part Deux!

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
Lose the blue buttons pl0x.

But ... the Napoli guys wear blue jackets with blue buttons, and they can't be wrong. Can they?

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are not The BlazerSuitâ„¢, so it does not count.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
I like it, but would substitute a welted breast pocket and flapped pockets for the patches (I think I only have one jacket with patch pockets, and no blazers with patches as such), along with the brownier buttons others have suggested.

I don't know-- the patch breast pocket seems increasingly au courant.

http://www.butasforme.com/wp-content...awleySmoot.jpg

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
Those are not The BlazerSuitâ„¢, so it does not count.

But ... they put blue buttons on jackets that are never meant to be worn with matching trousers. Wouldn't blue buttons be more "correct" on a BlazerSuitâ„¢ rather than just a blazer?

ohm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
I have not purchased many a sportcoat or suit because it had that little puff.
frown.gif

MantonStyle is quite subtle.

MSgent?

Originally Posted by Manton
But ... they put blue buttons on jackets that are never meant to be worn with matching trousers. Wouldn't blue buttons be more "correct" on a BlazerSuit™ rather than just a blazer?

Tossing my two cents in with the switch to brown buttons crowd, but the blazer suit is still quite nice. I particularly like it with the grey flannel.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wouldn't blue buttons be more "correct" on a BlazerSuitâ„¢ rather than just a blazer?

That's your call. You invented the damn thing.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Concordia
That's your call. You invented the damn thing.

To be clear, this was intended to have brown buttons. The blue ones are a mistake. But I may keep them anyway.

I think they look fine in all of the above combinations except the last. They really don't work with the khaki pants.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you have any concern about more wear to the jacket than to the pants?

I'm probably going to order a navy linen version of the BlazerSuit, unbeknownst to me, and will probably wear the jacket separately with some frequency.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Do you have any concern about more wear to the jacket than to the pants?
No. If anything, people say that flannel pants wear out first, so wearing the jacket more than the pants should be fine. But my personal experience with flannel suits is that they take a long time to wear out, and some wear can be counted as "patina."

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
But my personal experience with flannel suits is that they take a long time to wear out, and some wear can be counted as "patina."

You mean like fresco fuzz?

- B

emptym

Reaction score
Fwiw, I have an italian-styled odd jacket w/ blue buttons. A light tweed, 3 btn, double vent, patched pockets (only two), swelled edges. The buttons overlap too. My only jacket w/ this. The overlap bugs me sometimes, not the blueness of the buttons. But come to think of it, I don't ever wear it w/ tan pants. I use a brass-buttoned blazer for that. Interesting to be made aware of that.

I'd leave it be until you feel strongly about switching. An Ignatian principle of discernment is, "Do nothing while confused."

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
An Ignatian principle of discernment is, "Do nothing while confused."
For me, that is a recipe for never doing anything.

emptym

Reaction score
You just need a good spiritual director. Regrettably, Matt keeps me busy.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's nice I don't know that I would call it a blazer considering it's got pants to match, that makes it a suit. You could wear it as a blazer which you are but that dose not make it so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads