The BlazerSuit™ ... Part Deux!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Feb 23, 2009.

1. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

Shouldn't a spalla camicia not puff, even when new, because of the way the sleeve allowance is forced into the sleeve head?

Apparently, a lot of little factors can affect how a spalla camicia shoulder looks. Some are puffier than others.

Manton, have you ever considered a slightly lower gorge and slightly wider lapels?

2. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Apparently, a lot of little factors can affect how a spalla camicia shoulder looks. Some are puffier than others.

Manton, have you ever considered a slightly lower gorge and slightly wider lapels?

I LOLed.

3. mafoofan

I LOLed.

. . . because?

4. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Bravo Manton. I look forward to Part Trois. (Trois? [​IMG] What are the French origins of the BlazerSuitâ„¢?)

5. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

I prefer the higher gorge.

As to the lapels, I prefer lapels wider than you see on this coat, and the tailor generally makes them wider for me, but this time he just ... didn't. By the time I noticed, it was too late. I wasn't going to ask him to remake the fronts over a fraction of an inch. All things considered, I would like the lapels to be wider, but as it is, I will consider this coat an homage to Doc Holliday.

6. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

As to the lapels, I prefer lapels wider than you see on this coat, and the tailor generally makes them wider for me, but this time he just ... didn't. By the time I noticed, it was too late. I wasn't going to ask him to remake the fronts over a fraction of an inch. All things considered, I would like the lapels to be wider, but as it is, I will consider this coat an homage to Doc Holliday.

I really don't think he keeps paper patterns. This has happened to me, too. Inconsistency is maddening, and in my case, by the time I noticed, it was too late.

7. Cordovan

Cordovan Senior member

OK, first up, CBD. White button cuff shirt, black shoes, black belt, blue tie:

What is "CBD?"

Manton,

I agree with the comments thus far about the buttons. I don't recall if the goal of your trademarked BlazerSuit was specifically to have a patch pocket for the breast pocket. I think for greater utility, a welted pocket would be nice.

As an aside, I had no idea that a) you were your belts backwards, b) you had a pair of tailored trousers with reverse facing pleats, and that c) those were the most soporific ties you have - was actually kind of surprised to see those.

On the whole - nice suit.

Cordovan

8. mafoofan

To be clear, I meant only slightly lower, but still very high.

9. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

. . . because?
    Because of your transparent attempt to make Manton look more like you. EDIT: I just looked again, and I retract the snark. They could stand to be a little wider.

10. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

I agree with the comments thus far about the buttons. I don't recall if the goal of your trademarked BlazerSuit was specifically to have a patch pocket for the breast pocket. I think for greater utility, a welted pocket would be nice.

As an aside, I had no idea that a) you were your belts backwards, b) you had a pair of tailored trousers with reverse facing pleats, and that c) those were the most soporific ties you have - was actually kind of surprised to see those.

1) As noted, I asked for brown buttons, but I got blue. I may yet change them. 2) The pics were self-taken in a mirror. 3) I much prefer the breast patch for a coat to be worn as an odd jacket. 4) My ties could put the girl from The Ring to sleep.
    Because of your transparent attempt to make Manton look more like you.
    This is impossible.

11. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

12. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Because of your transparent attempt to make Manton look more like you. EDIT: I just looked again, and I retract the snark. They could stand to be a little wider.
    I think manton could use some custom glasses. Large, square, black.

13. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

1) As noted, I asked for brown buttons, but I got blue. I may yet change them. 2) The pics were self-taken in a mirror. 3) I much prefer the breast patch for a coat to be worn as an odd jacket. 4) My ties could put the girl from The Ring to sleep.

This is impossible.

On the contrary, it is impossible for you to look less like him, so comparatively speaking it would be easy to make you look more like him. [​IMG]

14. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Copying an old AA illustration (nothing more iGent than that!). Light gray flannels, white button down, orange knit tie:

[​IMG][/url]

[​IMG]
    Love this!

Was this out of the most recent Harrison's books? If so, I think I was looking at the same material just last week. Really fine color and hand. $$ but NICE.

15. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

What is "CBD?"

Conservative Business Dress.Â[​IMG] Guaranteed to not get you noticed.â„¢

There's a very amusing thread by Manton outlining CBD in all its glory somewhere if you dig around.