• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BlazerSuit™ ... Part Deux!

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Mea culpa. Only navy BlazerSuits from here on out.

shog[1].gif

Ignore him. Don't be cowed by orthodox twists to unorthodoxy.

- B

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Could you have Ned make up some trousers in the same cloth as the blue fresco jacket above? You'd have one blue BlazerSuit done, then you could pick out a gray for your second.

I thought about it, but unfortunately they had sold out of that cloth by the time I did (a year ago at least).

Originally Posted by Manton
Guys, come on. There is no such thing as a gray BlazerSuitâ„¢. I wholeheartedly endorse the practice of taking a light or mid gray suit on trips with your BlazerSuitâ„¢ to wear the trousers seperately. It's part of the design intent of the BlazerSuitâ„¢. But anyone who wears the gray jacket seperately is liable to suffer random beatings from street people.

Ah, but if I were to do it in light gray, I'd get it made with white horn buttons, thereby making it both awesome and a cousin to the BlazerSuitâ„¢. I saw a very nice light gray 50% linen, 50% cashmere from Moxon that would have been fantastic like this.

My linen BlazerSuitâ„¢ is back on. Tip Top had Irish linen in a great lighter navy shade. Heavier than what I had originally picked out, but if it's too hot to wear a coat and I don't need to wear one, a lighter weight linen wouldn't make a difference.

As always, a good price per yard, but costly in the aggregate. I walked out with five shirting pieces, including an Alumo sea island voile that is
inlove.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
What are they charging for linen these days?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
$29.95.

Could be worse. Is that the William Clark stuff that they rep in the US, or jobbered stuff?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Last time I was there (ages ago now) Wm Clark was $39.95/yard, and jobbered linen was $15. I suppose there is no way the Clark price would have come down, even in these times, so they just raised the jobber price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads