• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BlazerSuit™ ... Part Deux!

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So an Argentinian, a Macedonian and an Italian walk into a bar.....

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
So an Argentinian, a Macedonian and an Italian walk into a bar.....

I think I like where this is going!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
All roads lead to drape.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
All roads lead to drape.

I featured both drape and you in recent online musical cabaret. I hope that you caught the act...we breeze through towns like the plague.

- B

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I asked for brown buttons on mine and got...black(ish) horn, also.

Is this some kind of conspiracy?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is this a sign from God that I was wrong to order a single breasted BlazerSuitâ„¢? Mr. Ned doesn't have enough of the navy linen I picked out for a suit. He has a darker shade, which I'm not sure I want--I like lighter navy shades. Blergh. Back to the drawing board (gray fresco?) or out to Tip Top... a treacherous journey! Last time I was there they had some fantastic Woodhouse and Drapers cashmere jacketing.

baldy[1].gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Is this a sign from God that I was wrong to order a single breasted BlazerSuitâ„¢? Mr. Ned doesn't have enough of the navy linen I picked out for a suit. He has a darker shade, which I'm not sure I want--I like lighter navy shades. Blergh. Back to the drawing board (gray fresco?) or out to Tip Top... a treacherous journey! Last time I was there they had some fantastic Woodhouse and Drapers cashmere jacketing.

baldy[1].gif

No, that was a sign from the Devil. The suit that you wanted would have been swell.

Are you still what you get next on the upcoming wedding parties?

- B

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Are you still what you get next on the upcoming wedding parties?
I think you mean am I basing what I get on the upcoming parties? If so, yes and no. I want a casual summer suit that is still versatile. Linen was more casual, but in navy meant I would get a lot of use out of it, especially wearing the coat separately. I may still go this route if TT has some.
Originally Posted by Axelman 17
I just had a Blazer Suit made by Chan. Fabric is from the H&S Crispaire book no. 333039. Was a lighter shade of navy so if you are looking for something in Fresco it may be up your alley.
That sounds great. I already have a blue fresco jacket. It was my first order from Mr. Ned, so lots of room for improvement. Nevertheless, not sure I should be replacing it just yet.
DSC09965.jpg

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Could you have Ned make up some trousers in the same cloth as the blue fresco jacket above? You'd have one blue BlazerSuit done, then you could pick out a gray for your second.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Guys, come on. There is no such thing as a gray BlazerSuitâ„¢. I wholeheartedly endorse the practice of taking a light or mid gray suit on trips with your BlazerSuitâ„¢ to wear the trousers seperately. It's part of the design intent of the BlazerSuitâ„¢. But anyone who wears the gray jacket seperately is liable to suffer random beatings from street people.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Mea culpa. Only navy BlazerSuits from here on out.

shog[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics