The blasphemous odd vest/ jacket thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by size 38R, Jul 25, 2013.

1. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

This is exactly what I was thinking.

38R, you would do well to analyze what worked well about AAS and Quadcammer's fits... Because that is a mess.

2. Wallcloud

Wallcloud Senior member

Guys, look at the face cover he is using. We are being trolled

3. timotune

timotune Senior member

4. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Naw, that's way too obvious.

5. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

For a second there, I thought it was going to somewhere good... Not looking that way anymore.

6. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

what's Reddit?

7. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

that he does! lets add some famous odd fits. any favorites out there?
    like these from SKYFALL.
    [​IMG]
    odd vest,jacket.
    [​IMG]
    a mix, bond looks great, even if he is wearing tom ford.Zegna.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013

8. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

Only critiquing because you asked and seem to have a post count that makes you genuine. Here's the short list, in order of most glaring (I'm leaving out the jacket is too tight, since you've acknowledged that):
    • The drape of the pants is terrible, causing fabric overlap and creating a completely inconsistent silhouette. This is most readily seen at the knee where there is almost perfect symmetry between a pull on the right and left side. This is an indication that your stance is affecting the fit/drape. However, the bell-bottom-y cut of the pant is only accentuating this.
    • The buttoning point is too high on this jacket. A too-high buttoning point will accentuate tightness and immediately call out if a jacket isn't sized correctly.
    • The suit is entirely too short. I'd bet dollars-to-doughnuts that it doesn't cover your ass if you were to turn around. A shorter suit also heightens the disproportion of a too-high buttoning point. Also, stating the obvious, a suit jacket should be longer than a sport coat.
    • The pulling at the arms (starting at the armpit) is indicative that the sleevehead pitch is off. This is also causing the shoulder dimple-effect at the shoulder, which is compounded by the suit shoulders being too tight/narrow.
    • It's hard to tell but the tie appears to have quite a bit of sheen. This is only magnified by the too-present (and definitely sheen-y) pocket square. I also am not a fan of the tie design but that is decidedly personal.
    Again, I don't mean to nit-pick, but you asked. Some of these may seem like very small or inconsequential issues, but it is necessary to understand these things before you can trumpet success from the mountain-tops. I've seen much, much worse on here, and you certainly have the right idea. I just recommend a bit more due-diligence mastering the basics before you start to reinvent the wheel.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013

9. coldsalmon

coldsalmon Senior member

And yet I can't look away.

10. Displacement

Displacement Senior member

Trolled or not, this guy actually OWNS this stuff. Those hats were bought and paid for.

Looks like the joke's on him.

11. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Thanks for the critique. [​IMG] I'm going to try on the suit again to see if it fits better since I've lost the weight. I think the aforementioned problems are normal from buying RTW.

12. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Not normal problems for RTW... a lot of those can be minimized by knowing your correct measurements and seeking out the brands that best suit your measurements/body type instead of doing what most of us have done at some point and buying an item that we thought looked nice regardless ...

13. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

Not so much just a function of buying RTW. Some people are harder to fit RTW than others, but the biggest challenge in RTW is finding brands and styles within a particular brand that fit you well. For example, I fit very well into the BB Regent model for jackets but not so well into a Madison, Fitzgerald or Milano model. Other brands just don't fit me at all. It really depends. You just have to look around and see what you can find that doesn't have serious non-fixable fit issues.

14. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Great minds, etc ...

15. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

:crackup: