Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The black blazer thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jazzman19, Aug 13, 2010.

1. bananananana

bananananana In Time Out

lol wut

post a fit so we can see side by side comparison of who's better

lol. the irony.

the original pic looks like the guy's wearing a bluish grey catsuit and a tuxedo jacket over it. Maybe it does look better if you can see the shirt pattern but too matchy with the pants and shirt. And yeah, the shoes are bad.

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

How is that ironic? Because I don't post fits? That has nothing to do with me, you said it looks terrible and I disagreed, I bet it's 1000x better than anything you can do which is why I want to see what your opinion consists of since your explanation makes no sense.

3. Jazzman19

Jazzman19 Active Member

Jet:

Percisely what I was thinking. A cursory overview of your previous threads shows you still wear "baller sneakers," smoke cigars (which means you probably dress like Don Draper ever Sunday too), in love with your car, you seem to make a hobby out of mocking people in your random fashion thoughts posts.

Yup, precisely the kind of egoist I want to learn from.

How about you move to one of the other million threads here and let people respond in kind.

He doesn't post pictures of his clothes either?

Socal: just read that in your tag. Makes sense.

4. DLester

DLester Senior member

Jet:

Percisely what I was thinking. A cursory overview of your previous threads shows you still wear "baller sneakers," smoke cigars (which means you probably dress like Don Draper ever Sunday too), in love with your car, you seem to make a hobby out of mocking people in your random fashion thoughts posts.

Yup, precisely the kind of egoist I want to learn from.

How about you move to one of the other million threads here and let people respond in kind.

He doesn't post pictures of his clothes either?

Socal: just read that in your tag. Makes sense.

jazzman you come off like a previously banned poster coming back to haunt the board. fwiw, a big tip off is a noob who claims to know everything about long time posters and has a grievance against them. also socal hardly posts anymore, so interesting that you recall his sig.

5. Mountains

Mountains Senior member

Jet:

smoke cigars (which means you probably dress like Don Draper ever Sunday too)

[​IMG]

6. Jazzman19

Jazzman19 Active Member

Hey DLester,

This is actually kind of funny. His tag says Socal in location....it takes 2 seconds to see who has posted where and what they posted in the past. You can look at mine in 2 seconds.

Where do you get that I am a "noob" that knows it all? I admitted several times if you read my posts in this thread that I am new here and seeking advice. Someone says something to you and you respond in kind and you are a know it all "noob?" Cool.

back to the damn subject. You can PM me if you want to get into a bantering contest. Not into that here.

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

All that from a cursory search? Spot on man, spot on. You are well on your way to becoming a highly valued member of sf.

8. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Wait so you're saying your jacket is a tuxedo jacket? Or is it just a regular blazer?

I feel you have to look at the material of the jacket before you can pair it. The ones that are generally 100% wool are dressier. They also generally have a sheen to it then you should wear it with khakis/chinos or even slacks. If you pair it with jeans it can look like an orphaned suit jacket.

If the blazer is more casual (made out of cotton, or is blended with polyester, etc.) then you can wear it with jeans or maybe even pair it with chinos.

9. Jazzman19

Jazzman19 Active Member

No, No....somehow this thing got off on a tux jacket tangent when people felt it was necessary to insinuate I was a moron because I didn't like a fashion blogger's outfit.

Just casual, cotton, black and the right amount of unstructured shoulders. Fits nice, in the tailor now getting taken in a little more on the sides.

Appreciate the insight man!!!!

10. Millerp

Millerp Senior member

Don't know what level of staff you will be interviewing with -- Professor? Dean?
    but jeans are rarely appropriate for interviews. (although YMMV.)

Wear khaki colored chinos, a white OCBD and preferably leather shoes. Boring but safe.

Good luck with the interviews.

11. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

[​IMG]

Saw this one that looked pretty good.

12. Jazzman19

Jazzman19 Active Member

It is kind of a tricky situation. I have a preinterview with a potential advisor who is a professor. Naturally the deadline is November/December for the program so they don't want to call it "the" interview because it isn't. I think of it as a "let's make a really great impression on this person so that when he or she looks at my application I will be remembered and hopefully get some good funding." aka the foot in the door.

Interview is at a preschool portion of the university, I do developmental research, so it isn't like people will be walking around in their Sunday best. It is tricky because I knew one guy that wore suits to interviews for ph.d admission interviews and he felt way out of place. Most kept it real biz casual professional.

I like the input...I will prob just keep it boring. Taupe desert boots cool? I know black and brown isn't always great, but with khaki slim fit chinos is it a blaitant violation? I can get some okay black shoes if really needed.

Like the outfit post.

13. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

jazzman you come off like a previously banned poster coming back to haunt the board. fwiw, a big tip off is a noob who claims to know everything about long time posters and has a grievance against them. also socal hardly posts anymore, so interesting that you recall his sig.

SoCal the poster vs socal in jet's location [​IMG]

14. bananananana

bananananana In Time Out

How is that ironic? Because I don't post fits? That has nothing to do with me, you said it looks terrible and I disagreed, I bet it's 1000x better than anything you can do which is why I want to see what your opinion consists of since your explanation makes no sense.

Who said it had anything to do with me? No one's asking for pics of other posters except you.

15. DLester

DLester Senior member

SoCal the poster vs socal in jet's location [​IMG]
    yeah I figured that out when I saw the reply. Ljungberg looks good there.