• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Billiken Man Japanese Denim

TotesMcGotes

Reaction score
I was reading the denimnews blog and there was an article about a Japanese brand of denim I had never heard of, The Billiken Man. I don't know near as much about denim as half the guys on here, but it seemed like it is a well made brand. Just wanted to know what some of the more seasoned denim vets had to say here about it, and if anyone has any actual experience with the brand.

The Billiken Man Site
Denimnews Article about Billikenman

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Japanese are so weird and funny: "...once a popular American pop culture icon that even had popular songs singing its praise. The original Billiken was designed by artist Florence Pretz as a symbol that evoked good luck." "Today the Japanese have incorporated the Billiken man into their cast of deities. If you visit the Tsutenkaku tower in Osaka you will find a statue of the Billiken enshrined there."

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not a fan of the details(orange stitching and weird pockets) but looks nice.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wahwho11
not a fan of the details(orange stitching and weird pockets) but looks nice.

I agree. Denim and hardware look nice, but the fly looks awkward, the pockets are strange, and the stitching is too bright. Back pocket stitching reminds me of WeSC except not on crack.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads