• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The best value vendors I've found so far

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The cuffs and collars are both unfused. That's one of the great things about them. They are an Ivy/Trad styled brand, and unfused shirts go with that aesthetic. I consider it a good thing.

I get that it's part of the vibe. My complaint is more functional, if you're going to put 36" sleeves on a 16" collar at least make the cuff stiff enough that it won't crumple up under the weight of the sleeve.

BenjaminZeev

Reaction score

Regarding the J Fitzpatrick shoes, they look beautiful but at that price I would say they are more on par with Carmina than Meermin. Arguably either one is still a great value if you normally buy Edward Green or the like. 

Fitzpatrick has some really good closeout sales. I got a pair of Balmoral boots for $260 shipped. seems a great deal if you can afford $50 more and waiting for the right time.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jacobftww

Reaction score
Fort Belvedere offers peccery gloves for $270-ish and Berg & berg has wonderful belts for under $100.

dwlbu

Reaction score
Had never heard of Kamakura until this thread and just happened to be in NYC this weekend. Stopped by their midtown store and couldn't believe the quality given their prices. They also have a line of Thomas Mason RTW that they kept in a cupboard behind the counter for $130/ piece. I picked up a shirt, a nice suede belt, and a pocket square for $100 less than the last made to measure hamilton shirt I bought.

I do see the gripe with the sleeve sizes. I'm about a 15.75 x 34.25 and their 16x35 sleeve ran on for days. I sized up on the collar to their 16.5 x 34 and while the collar was a touch loose, the sleeves were spot on and the rest of the fit was great. Should leave a little room for the collar to shrink a bit in the wash. All in all, I can see the draw- I've never seen shirts of this quality for $80, period.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Checking out Chester Jefferies now.

I have a few pairs from them but these Carpincho with Rabbit fur lining are my favorites.

For Xmas one year I gave my mother a bespoke pair from a hand tracing that she loves. Here's their bespoke process:
https://www.chesterjefferies.co.uk/sizes-bespoke/

Verve

Reaction score
Belts: Mission Belts. Their full grain Italian belts are a great value for under $100 that has the ratchet system similar to Anson’s. It is a surprisingly thick belt and also very durable. I only ordered one from this line 2 years ago, and it is the belt I wear the most frequently; however, it looks brand new today. I was thinking of ordering their box set (3 belts) this Black Friday, which was 30% off last year (phenomenal value at this price), but my new suits will have side adjusters, plus I’ve blown up my 2020 budget on one too many suits and shirts this year. IMO, the design of their buckles in this line have a simple, clean look yet elegant at the same time. For dressing up, it is my favorite belt.

Verve

Reaction score
Here’s adding to that blown up 2020 budget. Should be a thread called “I couldn’t help myself.”
B27A62C4-E2B3-488F-A264-F2C4FF196130.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics