• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The best tasting things out there

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I was thinking the condiment. A glance at Wikipedia suggests it's used in both Worchestershire and HP sauces, which I didn't know.

I've also had the tamarind candy, I believe, and I liked that too.

Ah yes. You find such stuff quite a bit around Tucson (lots of Mexicans/Chicanos/Latinos/etc). I have also had dried tamarind from an Mediterrannean/Middle-eastern specialty shop here. But in milkshakes... I am intrigued
smile.gif

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walmart carries a brand of Mexican ice cream (Helados Mexico) and one of the flavors you can get is tamarind.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fabienne
Walmart carries a brand of Mexican ice cream (Helados Mexico) and one of the flavors you can get is tamarind.

Woah. At the Evil Empire no less! Thank you Fabienne, I will try to look for it.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
speaking of tamarind, the VNese have mastered the art of tamarind crab. it is superb here.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
margaret,
baklava should have been on my initial list. can't believe no one else mentioned it.

tokyo,
i love tonkatsu. i always thought it was 'tonkas' until i saw it written in a menu.

there's also a spicy red sauce i've had at japanese restaurants. i don't know what it's called and they don't sell it at the japanese market.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Real sun grown (not hothouse or any of that other crap) tomatoes

My favorite food.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
i love tonkatsu. i always thought it was 'tonkas' until i saw it written in a menu. there's also a spicy red sauce i've had at japanese restaurants. i don't know what it's called and they don't sell it at the japanese market.
4628.jpg
The only thing I can think of off hand is Sriracha. Not really a japanese condiment, but ubiquitous at pan-asian (mostly korean owned) teriyaki/sushi joints. If I'm not mistaken, it wass supposedly originally a vietnamese hot sauce for your Pho. I wouldn't know. I'm not a phan of pho.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
4628.jpg

The only thing I can think of off hand is Sriracha. Not really a japanese condiment, but ubiquitous at pan-asian (mostly korean owned) teriyaki/sushi joints. If I'm not mistaken, it wass supposedly originally a vietnamese hot sauce for your Pho. I wouldn't know. I'm not a phan of pho.

it's always in a plain container--no label.

i think i've had the one you posted and i'm pretty sure that's not it.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I like a Cantonese dish of frog-legs.
Peaches
Lemon drinks
Fried ice cream done correctly
Asiago

best frog legs i've had were from an argentine restaurant, in mexico.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
4628.jpg

I think that this is actually a copy of a type of sauce from Thailand- but, like you say, pan-asian.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I like a Cantonese dish of frog-legs.
Peaches
Lemon drinks
Fried ice cream done correctly
Asiago

I had fried ice cream at WD-50 here in NYC. Either is was done incorrectly or my taste buds are not evolved enough or it was utter garbage. Dufresne has been placed on an altar by the food critics and while I agree that he is inventive and daring, some of that post modern cusine, to quote Rodney Dangerfield, tastes like low grade dog food.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
I think that this is actually a copy of a type of sauce from Thailand- but, like you say, pan-asian.
actually, this is vietnamese. but that specific brand is made in california, i believe. and here are my food favorites: fresh uni (sea urchin) sashimi toro sashimi eels steamed with chili peppers and fermented soy beans fresh crab cooked in a hotpot with rice and chinese sausages steamed fresh live shrimps wagyu beef seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper grilled medium rare chili burgers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads