• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the "best" suit

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im looking for any and everyones opinion on this and there is no right or wrong answer,
all things considered, fabric, craftsmanship,durability... who makes the best suit?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Baroni. My tailor couldn't believe how little I paid for it.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This question doesn't make any sense. It depends on what you're looking for in a suit, what you're wearing it to, your lifestyle, etc.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Top end bespoke from top quality cloth. There are plenty of tailors offering top end bespoke, and those houses will tend to have the top quality cloth available.

Durability will be effected primarily by what fabric you choose. Super 180? Not gonna last all that long. Harris Tweed? Tell your kids and grandkids to marry people that will keep the size of males in your family consistent.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred
This question doesn't make any sense. It depends on what you're looking for in a suit, what you're wearing it to, your lifestyle, etc.

im sorry my wording was misleading what i mean is what is your personal favorite make, no right or wrong, just your preference

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by agoodsuitfan
im sorry my wording was misleading what i mean is what is your personal favorite make, no right or wrong, just your preference

Dave is quite good. Well-regarded.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everybody universally acknowledges that it's Bijan.

Few can afford it though.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You reworded the question but it still doesn't make any sense. The desirability of a suit is more than it's construction. It's going to depend on what you want to do with the suit, where you want to wear it, what the suit is for, how many other suits you have, what kind of suits you own, etc etc etc. This is like you asking what's the best shoe or tie or sweater. It just doesn't make any sense to ask what's the best shoe. What are you using the shoe for? Hiking, running, formal event, going to the park? What lifestyle do you have? How old are you? What kind of other clothes do you wear? What's your general style to begin with? What type of work do you do? So on and so forth.

JTA

Reaction score
flighgt3.jpg

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Important for a newcomer to realize; fabric and the make of the suit cannot be judged together. You could get a bespoke suit made with Gladson **** fabric. The fabric will suck but the suit might be one of the best makes in the world. The best in house mill/maker= Kiton. Many do think Martin Greenfield (handmade bespoke, for: Flusser, and others) is the best in manufacturing. I think that JJ Minnis makes the best fabric.

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best Suit? Your birthday suit!
laugh.gif
If not so good looking,
blush.gif
then you need to move out of the nudist colony and buy some cloth from a good tailor to hide that hide of yours
crackup[1].gif

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would have thought the answer patently obvious.

One word; Jheeta.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads